Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Meanwhile over the water

Yes very interesting and quite controversial! I guess those lot needed some excitement after decades of dullness! Seems like Mark Cooper pulled a fast one as the current Windsor chairman didn’t go with his bid, so he thought right let’s basically kill the club and start a new one!

There was a lot of talk around Windsor over the last 4-5 times we've been there about 2 entrepreneurs buying the club so I wonder if this has anything to do with them. Why buy the club when you can nick the lease and start "Windsor United" without the outlay of buying the name etc. Will be interesting to follow along as Windsor FC where of course relegated to Step 6 last season, so first will be interesting to see where the new team plays and go from there I guess.

Sounds like a lot of shenanigans going on in an effort to seize control of Stag Meadow. Reading an article about it in the Slough Express,it's hard to decipher who the good guys are in all this?  Windsor FC owner Kevin Stott looks to be the victim of this takeover but is he whiter than white as Windsor have gone from bad to worse under his stewardship?  Then there's these two entrepeneurs that want to buy Stag Meadow but don't seem to want to buy the 25 year lease off the Crown Estate, and then there's ex Windsor manager Mark Cooper and quite a few Windsor supporters who want to break away from Stott and form a new identity for the club. Are they pulling a fast one?

I know one thing, I'm glad I don't support Windsor !

They appear to be trying to resurrect the name "Windsor & Eton FC". 

I knew that for quite a while there's been a disconnect between the massive Youth section at Windsor along the lines of what's gone on at Burnham and their Juniors over the years.

Several of their coaches have told me that they wanted to be more associated with the club but it wasn't happening but I think this latest twist is to join all of the club back up along the way.

Guess we'll see how it drags out....I've heard the club could be called 'Windsor Youth FC'....

29 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Not sure the Windsor supporters will like being called Windsor Youth FC.

I'd be against us being called Slough Town Youth FC.

That's what I thought but apparently the new look club has to have a new name???

I think they've exhausted a few already over the years.

22 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

That's what I thought but apparently the new look club has to have a new name???

I think they've exhausted a few already over the years.

Seeing as their new Twitter is called Windsor & Eton FC I’d say it’ll be the same!

7 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

I knew that for quite a while there's been a disconnect between the massive Youth section at Windsor along the lines of what's gone on at Burnham and their Juniors over the years.

Several of their coaches have told me that they wanted to be more associated with the club but it wasn't happening but I think this latest twist is to join all of the club back up along the way.

Guess we'll see how it drags out....I've heard the club could be called 'Windsor Youth FC'....

Burnham and their Juniors?!?!

13 hours ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

Burnham and their Juniors?!?!

Yes mate.

Burnham have got a big junior section but for ages there was no connection per say with the club at all, fragmented to say the least, nothing Gore based at all.

From what I've seen and been told by coaches and parents I know that's improved a bit since the 3G went down.

14 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Seeing as their new Twitter is called Windsor & Eton FC I’d say it’ll be the same!

That would make sense but I thought they couldn't use that as it was a folded club so to speak from before when they had to change it?

Hopefully that's it as its a proper identity, I think there's a fair bit of internal fall out at the minute over there, I know some of the youth coaches/parents.

There seem now to be many inventive ways the new club could choose to ensure they achieve the name they want. Please not another AFC......though. I am reminded that while the old club's "official" nickname was "The Royalists" the old boys on the side terrace used to shout "Up the Borough!" 

12 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Yes mate.

Burnham have got a big junior section but for ages there was no connection per say with the club at all, fragmented to say the least, nothing Gore based at all.

From what I've seen and been told by coaches and parents I know that's improved a bit since the 3G went down.

Burnham and Burnham Juniors have no affiliation and never have?

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding what you are saying.

On 02/06/2023 at 20:26, Wycombe Rebel said:

Burnham and Burnham Juniors have no affiliation and never have?

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding what you are saying.

No but before the 3G went down the club I was told wanted to bring them into the fold and maybe a bit mercenary bring in all the money they spent elsewhere on pitch hire into the club due to having the new 3G in place to utilize.(they have/had Burnham Grammar School block booked and spent £1000s each season)

I believe some were skeptical as you can imagine that they were now reaching out after not being involved for years and they have had some of the juniors at matches, training there and moving over but I don't know to what degree at the minute.

I've a meeting with some parents about coaching funnily enough later this week so I'm curious now and will ask.

1 hour ago, DonnyNo6 said:

No but before the 3G went down the club I was told wanted to bring them into the fold and maybe a bit mercenary bring in all the money they spent elsewhere on pitch hire into the club due to having the new 3G in place to utilize.(they have/had Burnham Grammar School block booked and spent £1000s each season)

I believe some were skeptical as you can imagine that they were now reaching out after not being involved for years and they have had some of the juniors at matches, training there and moving over but I don't know to what degree at the minute.

I've a meeting with some parents about coaching funnily enough later this week so I'm curious now and will ask.

Now that Burnham have the 3G in place you can't blame them for trying to maximize it's usage.

I've no idea how much Burnham charge to hire out their facilities but I'm guessing it's a fair bit less than the council charge at AP. 

You've also got to credit the person in charge of marketing at Burnham who seems to be continually advertising pitch hire, forthcoming games and events on Twitter and Facebook.

If SBC want to maximize the usage of the pitch and facilities at AP they will need to reduce the prices to start competing with the likes of Burnham.

21 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Now that Burnham have the 3G in place you can't blame them for trying to maximize it's usage.

I've no idea how much Burnham charge to hire out their facilities but I'm guessing it's a fair bit less than the council charge at AP. 

You've also got to credit the person in charge of marketing at Burnham who seems to be continually advertising pitch hire, forthcoming games and events on Twitter and Facebook.

If SBC want to maximize the usage of the pitch and facilities at AP they will need to reduce the prices to start competing with the likes of Burnham.

Absolutely