Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

And now we have lift off ?

urchinman1961

Well that's the 3rd 4 one victory this season looking good but the first 40 minutes were quite uncomfortable tbh but 3 goals either side of half time settled us down when we did decide to play some of the football it was outstanding.Hastings did have a go and a bit more finesse up front and could have been a different game.But more about us yeah we've been here before but feels different this time some top individual performances tonight as well.I love this club,up the Urchins

Tight first half indeed, Hastings are a good club and they have some real pace up front. Well worked goal for them and a good finish. To get the goal back so quickly was vital, meant we weren’t chasing for long - good finish from Lennon.  

Second half, well I want to see the goals again , fantastic goal for George , delighted for him and a great goal for Liam from a good ball in from Ade who put the icing on the cake with a decent goal himself. 

4-1 might have been a bit harsh on Hastings but I’m not complaining! Great team performance, there was a lot of good defending tonight as well (there had to be). Good vocal support from Hastings (although I’m not a big fan of drums !)

Well done all COYU. 

Good win! It wasn’t a 4-1 scoreline, first half was pretty even with Hastings maybe edging it. That goal before half time was crucial. Then it took a wonder goal from Saunders to give us the lead. They always looked dangerous I felt but when a team goes behind against us, they have to come out more and it leaves gaps and we have the quality to hurt them. I think we have become accustomed to winning games where we haven’t been at our best but that’s the way Morison plays and if it wins us games, who cares 

The proof is in the pudding so to speak. First half we were all over the place and Hastings deserved their goal TBH. Lennons goal was a sublime well taken goal and should do his confidence the power of good. Second half we were a different team, pressing and utilising the flanks more effectively. Superb goal from George, Ade's work rate paid off for him,  with Liam and Lennon running off him caused all sorts of problems. Ade's solo effort was well taken and deserved. But big shout out for Hastings, they never stopped and kept going until the end. 4-1 was the result we needed after our cup exits