Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

B&B Cup Flackwell

Sir Rebel1965

On 26/11/2023 at 12:03, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Now we have some league momentum, what are the thoughts about the B&B on Tuesday?

Still in the Trophy.

8 games already lined up for January – some pitches already causing problems.

Is the B&B to be “avoided” or should it be used to keep the winning mentality going?

The B&B cup should be used to give players minutes to get them up to speed and ready when called upon for the league.

Unfortunately with players out through injury, on loan and as Scott eluded to EDS having an important game on the Wednesday we won't have any of those players to call upon and will have no option but to play a strong 11.

Still it's better than training and we don't have a game next Saturday which will help in our preparation for Taunton on the Tuesday.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Scott stated in his post match interview that because of injuries and the EDS are playing the next day he’d need to select a strong team. Just hope we don’t get any injuries… personally not bothered about the result but obviously it’ll nice to win and keep the winning run going. 

55 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

We’ve got 9/10 recognised first team players that will start with a few EDS players and possibly a trialist.

Looking forward to it 👍

2 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

Nope. Much like Curtis, last B+B cup match we went to was the Marlow game.

Why the semi final against Marlow but not the final?

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Why the semi final against Marlow but not the final?

Because we lost the semi final 1-0 on the 26th March, and then after appeals & counter appeals, and endless deliberation by the B & B committee, we were awarded the game on 3rd May.

The final was played on 6th May, & the rules of the competition meant we only had 12 players who could play.

12 minutes ago, Curtis said:

The final was played on 6th May, & the rules of the competition meant we only had 12 players who could play.

An odd reason to not attend the match, which as I recall we won 3-1 despite having only 12 players.

The laws of the game state that only need 7 players are needed to fulfill a fixture.

On 26/11/2023 at 12:03, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Now we have some league momentum, what are the thoughts about the B&B on Tuesday?

Still in the Trophy.

8 games already lined up for January – some pitches already causing problems.

Is the B&B to be “avoided” or should it be used to keep the winning mentality going?

Personally, I see no reason why we shouldn't take the game seriously (that's not to say I'll be devastated should we lose). If we don't, then why didn't we do what Reading did for years and pay the fine to not enter?

It's our only realistic shot at silverware. Why knows, we could end up with a showpiece final vs Wycombe! (provided our tiny 25-man squad can cope with the added fixture congestion of course! 🤣)

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Personally, I see no reason why we shouldn't take the game seriously (that's not to say I'll be devastated should we lose). If we don't, then why didn't we do what Reading did for years and pay the fine to not enter?

It's our only realistic shot at silverware. Why knows, we could end up with a showpiece final vs Wycombe! (provided our tiny 25-man squad can cope with the added fixture congestion of course! 🤣)

Personally if we got to the final I’d definitely attend, semis possibly but very unlikely any rounds before that (not that there’s many!). But these are worthwhile matches for our EDS players to experience men’s football plus obviously a chance to impress. Plus it’s very useful to play squad members, players returning from injury plus any trialists. So even though I’m not too fussed either way, for the club I feel it’s a worth entering/playing in. How much is the fine for not entering by the way?

Edited by GlenSTFC