Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bromley FA Trophy match

Holyport Rebel

And I thought it couldn't get any worse.
I huddled excitedly around my radio a few weeks ago, waiting for the FA Trophy draw to take place on Talksport 2.
                        " I don't want anybody in our division"   was the main thought I had in my mind.
Anyone at home would have done me otherwise, but even if we drew a National League team away I thought   I wouldn't mind going to an ex-Football League team such as Oldham, Hartlepool, or Southend.
At least that would be somewhere new to go to,
I'd even thought if we got drawn away to Chesterfield flying high at the top of the National League, at least they were ex -Football League too.
That would at least have some merit, some positivity.
Away to Maidenhead would be great.
I could walk there !
Even away to Scunthorpe or Blyth Spartans I would have found something to get excited about.
I got my first disappointment moments before the draw was made, when they announced that the draw was going to be regionalised. 
I'd thought it was going to be an open draw.
Not a very encouraging start.
It didn't get any better.
When they began the Southern half of the draw, our name soon came out.
    " Is that it ? "
     " Really ? "
How totally underwhelming and uninspiring.
Boring (always been non league ) Bromley.
Away.

Been there many times, done well since we were at the same level, but absolutely nothing to get excited about.
Second in the National League and on paper very unlikely to beat.
I have been in this apathetic mood about our next Trophy game since then.
About excited as I would be on going to my next optician appointment.
Then a few days ago our club put up details of this Trophy match on our website, and I realised that things had declined even more.
TWENTY TWO ENGLISH POUNDS to get in to   Bromley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWENTY TWO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As John McEnroe once famously said.    " YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS ! "
Yes. I know it's a couple of quid cheaper if you buy a ticket in advance.
Big deal !  
Is it just me, cos nobody else on here has commented on it ?
Two weeks before Christmas and they expect us to pay 22 quid for an early round Trophy match. 
I don't think Bromley agree with the spirit of Christmas idea of  goodwill to all men, not if there's cash to be made.
For that 22 quid their away fans guide says  " Away fans are put behind the dug outs and get a great view of the match."
A great view of the match ?
I should flippin well expect to see a great view of the match anyway, thank you very much !
We are having to pay double what we paid to see the match in the previous round, home to Farnborough.
Slough reduced their normal prices for a game against opposition of the same level.
Very well done Slough.
I think Grimsby reduced their normal entry prices when we went there for our FA Cup replay recently.
Bromley, two weeks before Christmas, playing against a lower level team, keep their prices the same for our visit.    
I think Bromley's attitude to reducing their prices for our match can be illustrated extremely well by the words of that famous Christmas character Scrooge.
Reduce our entry prices 2 weeks before Christmas  ?
Bah ! Humbug !

Edited by Holyport Rebel

20 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I huddled excitedly around my radio a few weeks ago, waiting for the FA Trophy draw to take place on Talksport 2.
                        " I don't want anybody in our division"   was the main thought I had in my mind.
Anyone at home would have done me otherwise, but even if we drew a National League team away I thought   I wouldn't mind going to an ex-Football League team such as Oldham, Hartlepool, or Southend.
I'd even thought if we got drawn away to Chesterfield flying high at the top of the National League, at least they were ex -Football League too.
I could walk there !
Even away to Scunthorpe or Blyth Spartans I would have found something to get excited about.
I got my first disappointment moments before the draw was made, when they announced that the draw was going to be regionalised. 
    " Is that it ? "
     " Really ? "
Bog standard Bromley.
Away.
Then a few days ago our club put up details of this Trophy match on our website, and I realised that things had declined even more.
TWENTY TWO ENGLISH POUNDS to get in to bog standard Bromley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big deal !  
Two weeks before Christmas and they expect us to pay 22 quid for a poxy early round Trophy match. 
I don't think bog standard Bromley agree with the spirit of Christmas idea of  goodwill to all men, not if there's cash to be made.
For that 22 quid their away fans guide says  " Away fans are put behind the dug outs and get a great view of the match."
I should flippin well expect to see a great view of the match anyway, thank you very much !
We are having to pay double what we payed to see the match in the previous round, home to Farnborough.
Slough reduced their normal prices for a game against opposition of the same level.
Very well done Slough.
I think Grimsby reduced their normal entry prices when we went there for our FA Cup replay recently.
Bog standard Bromley, two weeks before Christmas, playing against a lower level team, keep their prices the same for our visit.    
I think bog standard Bromley's attitude to reducing their prices for our match can be illustrated extremely well by the words of that famous Christmas character Scrooge.
Bah ! Humbug !

You forgot to mention us away fans are plonked on an open terrace so let’s hope it sunny mid December!!!

I’m still undecided if I’ll go yet. Halfway around the M25, cold open to the elements terrace, £20-£22, quite likely to lose in fairness. Doesn’t add up for me but if we win tomorrow night I’m sure my mood may change! Shame there are no replays as a draw would be more of a realistic target from the game. I can’t see there being more than 1,500 attending at what I’m guessing are their standard pricing. Would we take more than 150?

37 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I could walk there !
    " Is that it ? "
     " Really ? "
Bog standard Bromley.
Away.
TWENTY TWO ENGLISH POUNDS to get in to bog standard Bromley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big deal !  
Two weeks before Christmas and they expect us to pay 22 quid for a poxy early round Trophy match. 
I don't think bog standard Bromley agree with the spirit of Christmas idea of  goodwill to all men, not if there's cash to be made.
We are having to pay double what we payed to see the match in the previous round, home to Farnborough.
Very well done Slough.
Bog standard Bromley, two weeks before Christmas, playing against a lower level team, keep their prices the same for our visit.    
I think bog standard Bromley's attitude to reducing their prices for our match can be illustrated extremely well by the words of that famous Christmas character Scrooge.
Bah ! Humbug !

I couldn't agree more.

The only saving grace for me is that I qualify for a pre bought concession ticket for £15 and it's a new ground to visit.

As for the game itself we are massive underdogs with nothing to lose so lets just give it a real good go.  

16 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

You forgot to mention us away fans are plonked on an open terrace so let’s hope it sunny mid December!!!

Just not raining will do.

Edited by Reading Rebel

6 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Also it seems no option for regular fans to get a covered seat if that is what they prefer.

Mentions  a few seats only  available for disabled away fans.

There might be.

Doing a practice run, if you click on the general admissions link it starts a countdown clock to reserve a seat in the top right corner.

If you go to check out it give you a reserved seat number.

The club need to get a grip on this situation and find out what's going on.

Just like WR there will be Slough supporters ordering tickets this week for the home seated end not realizing what they've done.

27 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Exactly what happened to me Reading Rebel, I have ended up with a ticket in the home end

Presumably then by mistake you reserved yourself a seat in the home section?

Edited by Reading Rebel

53 minutes ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Thanks to this I've got a seat amongst the home supporters. There was no other choice! I didn't even want a seat, it just allocated me one!

Hopefully they'll let me in the away terrace. 

Bernie, there's a reply on twitter from the club.

You need to email tickets@bromleyfc.co.uk for assistance.