Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Weymouth A 13.1.24

22 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

It was the manner of the goals, they didn’t have to work hard for them at all. I/we can take being cut open with quality but for the first goal we gave the ball away and then didn’t pick up in our defending third, and then for the second goal one long ball pumped over the top and before we know it, the game is done.

I’ll never be content with losing 3-0, even if the performance was good. For all the territory and possession we might have had in comparison to them, it’s my job to look at how they managed to score on the 3 occasions in which they did. After all, it’s the goals that win or lose you games!

If Slavi scores then no doubt about it, we would’ve changed shape again to make us more solid to be sure that we would’ve left with something, but for as long as it was 1-0 I’d have rather go down by having a go as such.

Just a disappointing day, and yes I do think 3-0 flatters them so that shows that they didn’t have to work overly hard for it.

Hi Scott.

Thanks for  another honest reply from you to a fans comment.

Your post is a great insight into how a manager views a game.

Shows me yet again why I would never make the grade as a manager ! 

9 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Hi Scott.

Thanks for  another honest reply from you to a fans comment.

Your post is a great insight into how a manager views a game.

Shows me yet again why I would never make the grade as a manager ! 

It doesn’t mean that you couldn’t make the grade, I guess it’s just the way we chose to tackle things at half time yesterday! Can’t exactly say it worked.. 😅

I think that’s the beauty with management, there are decisions to be made all the time, sometimes they work brilliantly and sometimes they don’t! 

You type a lot of sense so I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself 😀👍🏼