Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Maidenhead - York road ground statement

45 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

As long as they stay in Maidenhead and don’t start encroaching on our patch. 

There is so little land in Slough as we found out trying to get our ground built.

They are just trying to squeeze and scare the local council, but the council know that York road will make MUFC loads of money so are trying to get them to take the full cost of a new ground - if not overcharge them for any land they make available.

FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT MONEY!

33 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

There is so little land in Slough as we found out trying to get our ground built.

They are just trying to squeeze and scare the local council, but the council know that York road will make MUFC loads of money so are trying to get them to take the full cost of a new ground - if not overcharge them for any land they make available.

FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT MONEY!

Not in Slough as that’ll be daft but they could move closer to us like Taplow for example.

7 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Do Old Paludians still own & play at their ground in Taplow, behind the Dumb Bell Pub & BMW garage, & near the Taplow House Hotel?

Used to be three football pitches, a club house & car park from what I recall?

Don’t give them ideas FFS!!!

They want a dedicated training facility? If only there was one nearby whose owner was desperate to sell and whose local council was a bit more "flexible".

35 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Do Old Paludians still own & play at their ground in Taplow, behind the Dumb Bell Pub & BMW garage, & near the Taplow House Hotel?

Yes to both questions. I don't believe it can be developed further though (I'm an Old Paludian).

7 minutes ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Yes to both questions. I don't believe it can be developed further though (I'm an Old Paludian).

I think you hit the nail on the head with the development issue, and that will be the same for most sites they look at.

1 hour ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

The other location could be Summerleaze Village FC's ground - think it was Holyport's ground in North Town/Summerleaze area but it may well have tight planning regs in that area.

Can’t see that at all solely due to the country lane you need to access it. 

16 hours ago, Curtis said:

They do but Taplow United nowadays I believe with various teams across different leagues.

15 hours ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

They want a dedicated training facility? If only there was one nearby whose owner was desperate to sell and whose local council was a bit more "flexible".

They do as currently almost every team they have has to travel to train, the Women go to Reading FC and use the 3G/Dome every Tuesday and Thursday but they are scattered far and wide for training places as there's nothing local which is why they wanted to install several 3G areas at Braywick to bring the club back together so to speak.

From what some of the coaches are saying, they will seriously consider leaving Maidenhead itself if the right site can be found.