Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v St Albans City

5 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Looking forward extending our unbeaten home run to 21 games.

Yes another unbeaten home game, but another 2 points lost from a winning position.

This "unbeaten" run now means visiting teams have picked up 28 points at Arbour Park this season, against STFC picking up 35 at home.

Being unbeaten is great, but it is points that counts.

52 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Yes another unbeaten home game, but another 2 points lost from a winning position.

This "unbeaten" run now means visiting teams have picked up 28 points at Arbour Park this season, against STFC picking up 35 at home.

Being unbeaten is great, but it is points that counts.

Are you a Slough Town supporter because it’s seems no matter the positive, you fail to see the bigger picture and look to the negative?

2 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

Are you a Slough Town supporter because it’s seems no matter the positive, you fail to see the bigger picture and look to the negative?

Including todays games weve lost 16 points from 8 home draws and 12 from 4 losses  28 points in total(only 2 teams out of 24 have lost more points in home draws)

Our 9 wins have  gained 27 points

Yes its an achievement to have have remained unbeaten for so long but hardly what some who only see what they want to see think.

1 minute ago, Irishadrian said:

Including todays games weve lost 16 points from 8 home draws and 12 from 4 losses  28 points in total(only 2 teams out of 24 have lost more points in home draws)

Our 9 wins have  gained 27 points

Yes its an achievement to have have remained unbeaten for so long but hardly what some who only see what they want to see think.

It’s called “The Bigger Picture” Adrian, maybe remove the tunnel vision and see that the club is on an upward trajectory on and off the pitch…

23 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

So from being up 2-0 and only getting a draw at home is a positive?

Take off the rose tinted glasses and see the reality - sh1t start to the season meant playing catch up, then a very good run to get back into contention, and then wobble in the last 6 game to only pick up 5 points from 18.

Now sat mid table, so a very average season, and lower than the the results Bakes and Unders achieved, when we get into the playoffs or gain promotion then you can talk about a great season, but don't get taken in by all the hype which I being put out!

Edited by Sir Rebel1965

I'll tart by saying that I hope Trae Cook-Appiah doesn't come in for too much stick after his late miss; I spoke to someone sitting in the stands and they said they thought that the defender got a vital interception. It's only been a couple of weeks since everyone was saying that he looked like such a good prospect! I'd also be interested to see if the foul for At Albans' penalty was inside the box; it looked outside to me, but maybe the opposite end of the pitch isn't the best place to make that assertion!

As for the match, I'm afraid this was yet another example of fading away in the second half. St Albans, who I thought looked bang average (at best) for the entire match dominated the second half but without really threatening (until the penalty), whereas we did little to extend our lead, save for one good Ogbonna chance which was well saved (and of course the miss at the end).

A win would have meant that we cling onto an outside shot at the play-offs as other results went our way. In the end we have to settle for 21 home games (and counting) unbeaten, and it looks like mid-table obscurity for us now. It's still massive progress from last season though!

Edited by Nathan

Gutted not to get all 3 points is an understatement.

Great first half where we came out of the blocks firing and comfortably led 2-0 at half time. 

Second half I thought we started losing a lot of the battles/second balls letting St Albans back into the game.

The turning points of the second half was the miss from Oggy when one on one with their keeper, ok it was a good save but I still think Oggy should have put it away, this would have made it 3-0 and game over.

St Albans first goal which was a defensive nightmare with Temi, Scott and Dan Lincoln letting a nothing ball by-pass all three of them for one of the softest goals you'll see all season.

And the open goal miss at the end from Trae Cook-Appiah which would have given us the points.

Personally, to add some much needed spark and movement up front I think Trae should have been introduced earlier mainly because we were treading water and getting nowhere fast up front. 

Without a doubt 2 points dropped.

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I'll tart by saying that I hope Trae Cook-Appiah doesn't come in for too much stick after his late miss; I spoke to someone sitting in the stands and they said they thought that the defender got a vital interception. It's only been a couple of weeks since everyone was saying that he looked like such a good prospect! I'd also be interested to see if the foul for At Albans' penalty (which turned the tide of the game) was inside the box; it looked outside to me, but maybe the opposite end of the pitch isn't the best place to make that assertion!

As for the match, I'm afraid this was yet another example of fading away in the second half. St Albans, who I thought looked bang average (at best) for the entire match dominated the second half but without really threatening (until the penalty), whereas we did little to extend our lead, save for one good Ogbonna chance which was well saved (and of course the miss at the end).

A win would have meant that we cling onto an outside shot at the play-offs as other results went our way. In the end we have to settle for 21 home games (and counting) unbeaten, and it looks like mid-table obscurity for us now. It's still massive progress from last season though!

Promising prospect but mainly stuck on the bench.

I think he should have been given more game time but I suppose the point being he isn't our player so won't be with us next season.

12 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I'll tart by saying that I hope Trae Cook-Appiah doesn't come in for too much stick after his late miss; I spoke to someone sitting in the stands and they said they thought that the defender got a vital interception. It's only been a couple of weeks since everyone was saying that he looked like such a good prospect! I'd also be interested to see if the foul for At Albans' penalty (which turned the tide of the game) was inside the box; it looked outside to me, but maybe the opposite end of the pitch isn't the best place to make that assertion!

The linesman was bang in line so hopefully, unlike the useless Eastbourne lino, he was correct in his decision.

14 minutes ago, Nathan said:

You say bang average Nathan but we were so good in the first half I don't think we gave them a look in.

Second half was a different matter, for some reason we looked a different team.