Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Connie South local rivals!

They’ve had a good season to be fair to them regardless of whether you like them or not. If we did that next year we would be very happy with it as well. Even though Aveley away is the lowest on everyone’s bucket list of away days next season it’s good to get to play them again, there’s definitely no love lost between the two and there’s nothing better than a rivalry 

I have a lot of respect for what Aveley have achieved this season. It sets a standard for us to emulate or improve on. In a strange way they did us a favour as we now have a stronger squad and grown than if we had been promoted last season. I don’t wish my life away but can’t wait for the new season to start.

Well that's the thing, if Aveley can do it then why can't we? I'm looking at consolidation for next season, hope people are not expecting the same kind of dominance that we got this season but we do have a point to prove especially as we all know what happened the last time we were in this league (which I won't go into) where Jimmy was basically stitched up, also Farnborough pulled a stunt on us taking the points hit next season in order not to get relegated (can you tell I'm bitter ;) )

As for being rivals, I think that's more with Aveley than us, I don't care about them tbh

I think this promotion is vindication of the decision the board made last season, promoted without the lottery of playoffs and a potential 100 points on Saturday. Will always respect Mark Stimpson for getting us the trophy but promotion was always the key for the club and that's been achieved.

Edited by cup of tea

Yeah!  Torquay I’m looking forward to. My misses and I holiday there frequently so I have a soft spot for them ( but not on the day we play them). When the time comes I can recommend an excellent hotel. Also a visit to Bath as I have friends there. No Tuesday nights please Mr. Fixture man or women.