Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

15 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Curtis, Maidstone, Havant and Tonbridge are not full time.

Maidstone and Havant might be the hybrid version but not full time. 

Incorrect, both Havant and Maidstone are full time in that they train 5/5 days a week although Havant might change next season.

The hybrid system most teams use, like Hampton, is generally a system where full time players train 3 days plus join the part time players training on 2 nights a week. Some clubs may do a version of this but at Hampton a lot of their younger players are the full time players, hence why most of their signings last summer were young, upcoming players.

24 minutes ago, rebelade said:

Incorrect, both Havant and Maidstone are full time in that they train 5/5 days a week although Havant might change next season.

The hybrid system most teams use, like Hampton, is generally a system where full time players train 3 days plus join the part time players training on 2 nights a week. Some clubs may do a version of this but at Hampton a lot of their younger players are the full time players, hence why most of their signings last summer were young, upcoming players.

Just read the Havant wiki page and they are down as a pro club but also state that they changed to training 3 mornings a week in 2019/20.

Maidstone wiki page has them down as a pro club.

Again the Hampton wiki page has them as semi-professional.

They might have some young players on full time but essentially a semi pro club. 

2 hours ago, Curtis said:

SF & RR (and anyone else who has an opinion)

I would be interested to understand what you would classify as a professional player.

Would you base it on the amount of time training each week, with something like 20 hours per week at the club being professional & anything less being hybrid or semi-professional

or

On salary with anything above the UK median salary making it the players main source of income, & therefore their main employment, so anything above the following:-

18-21 £450

22-29 £600

30+ £750

per week on a 52 week contract

Curtis,

I think I'd agree with what RR said. For me a pro footballer is one that plays football "full time". Definition wise for me full time would be training everyday and football being their main or only source of income.

Semi-pro - is the Slough model of a couple of nights training sessions and the money earned would be, for the most part a supplementary income to a full time job (or education for the younger players)

Hybrid - somewhere in between the 2. For the most part morning training 2/3 days per week and pay supplemented perhaps with a part time job.

All of the above of course dependant on games played (I.e. teams such as Taunton and Hilltop who have played enough football in the past month or so for their players to be more professional than Man City😂).

For Temi, I'd hope that full time professional means teams such as most of the national league and above as opposed to the versions we have for the most part in our league (save for the "proper" full time pro teams as detailed above).

6 hours ago, rebelade said:

I like the sound of that Hampton model…. it will be interesting to see if we transition to something similar now we have the 50 year lease on the ground.

7 hours ago, Curtis said:

I like the sound of that Hampton model…. it will be interesting to see if we transition to something similar now we have the 50 year lease on the ground.

I doubt we’ll be in a position to even try the hybrid model until we’re regular play off contenders and averaging nearer 1,500. It’s obviously a big financial cost to go down this route with no guarantees so until we build up our crowds and income streams it won’t be a risk worth taking.

Just been announced he's signed for Maidstone.

On 03/05/2024 at 08:13, Rebellier said:

My guess would be Maidstone then. Pots of money from the cup run.

🫡