Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Run-In

Merv

Zeal, After what happened two years ago when everyone thought it was a question of when rather than if we won't believe we've got the league won until Neil Gregory holds aloft that championship trophy.

What happened 2 years ago is very different to this season, that year we were always neck & neck with Gravesend. This year thre is noone else.

I agree with EFM we have had the league sown up since November. After the Hornchurch game I knew there was noone who could live with us in this League.

All that is left is can we win the FA Trophy.?

Hayes have just fallen off the run-in table with a maximum possible points total of 85 they would still be one point off Canvey's present total of 86.

Also interesting to note that were Canvey to lose every one of their remaining 12 games but the clubs below them only managed to maintain their average points per game, Canvey would win it by one point.

All mathematical I know, but still makes for interesting reading.

Would just like to say, Congratulations. It has been funny for us outsiders to see you get pipped 3 years running, but we all knew it would come eventually! This season you've looked a class apart, deserved champions. Good luck with the Trophy, good luck in the Conference and your new ground...and hopefully it won't be long before we play each other again.

Sorry to intrude on your Canvey joy,

I find myself logging onto your site, just to read this thread, Sutton this weekend for you to catch isn't it, then Bognor.

I do a similar thing regarding Braintree's highest position at the moment our max is 7th place, we were along time Max of 2nd position after your boys, but now Hendon, Grays, Carshlton, Bognor and this week Thurrock have denied us a top 6 place. We can get a max of 59 points and Sutton need one win to push us down to 8th. TOP 13 STILL ON for the Iron.

You usually find promoted clubs do well, in their first season and then fall away the next years, Braintree came 4th after promotion. Then two years near the foot.

Even higher up in the football league it happens. Wigan who are doing well this year, do you really expect them to do it again next year. Like to see it though.

Your boys Canv should be too strong for the Ducks so you will finally have guaranteed top 6, as you overtake the maximum of Sutton & Bognor. After your 2 set backs this week.

At the bottom we at the Iron are still max of 9th place, but if we lose to Thurrock and Ford win we will be looking at a Max of 12th. Hopefully we can complete our 2nd double tomorrow at Thurrock, which would help you in your quest for the title by Easter.

I'm hoping Sutton can produce last week's performance against the Urchins!

We have!

Actually played a lot better against Hornchurch then we did on the island!

You will go up and good luck in the conf, glad if we cheered you up today by beating the urchins but in honesty, they gave us a harder time today than last week!

As I said, good luck next year guys.

Looking at today's postings it seems as if almost all angles have been covered, but just to collate everything, we now have a position as follows-

Hornchurch 98 points

Hendon 96

Thurrock 96

Carshalton 94

Grays 89

We, of course, have 89 so, as has been said already, it must now be a case of which game will give us the title.

Anybody like to wager on a late revival by Grays to just pip us on goal difference?

P.S. Has anybody noticed that a spell check on Hornchurch gives an alternative of "Horsehair", whilst a spellcheck on Thurrock gives an alternative of "Thug"