Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey 1 1 Grays

YELLOW

All a bit dissapointing tonight. Wasn't a great game of football and to be honest Grays deserved the draw. They're a physical, pacey side who caused us plenty of problems and tonight too many of our players were off colour and didn't perform.

Although this was our poorest performance for a while we did well to battle for a point and in past seasons would have lost it.

We edged it in the first half. Freddy Eastwood volleyed an effort just over but it was Lee Boylan who was causing all sorts of problems.

Capleton did well to hold on to a hooked shot from Boylan and then some how kept out another Boylan effort when he stole in unmarked from a free kick.

Lee did superbly to send in a shot from near the byeline that Capleton clawed away but it was that man who came up trumps turning and firing home just before half time to silence the Grays' fans who were giving him some abuse.

In the second half we really failed to get going and just couldn't keep possesion. Grays though failed to create any real decent chances and the game seemed to be meandering with Canvey happy to be one goal up.

Despite the Yellow Army making a great deal of noise in the last 25 minutes the team seemed to lose the plot. From looking reasonably comfortable without creating anything they started giving Grays too much space and it came as no surprise when the Grays 7 fired a low shot from the edge of the area into the net with 9 minutes lefT after a good period of pressure.

The goal seemed to wake Canvey up a little and Midgley fired an effort just wide. It was Grays who nearly had the last word when Danny Potter saved a free kick and the ball was turned away for a corner in the dying seconds.

So dissapointing stuff tonight. Minton was marked out of the game, Prothers distribution left a lot to be desired and Duffers was nowhere.

To his credit Neil Midgley battled hard and Lee Boylan was quite superb creating chances out of nothing. The defence looked fairly solid as well.

Credit must go to the fans for making it a real party atmosphere. To be honest it wasn't a great game but the support was superb tonight. It was shame the team couldn't raise their game (ironically the team seemed to lose the plot just as the fans started up the singing!).

Nevertheless our unbeaten run continues and although the Urchins won tonight another 6 wins will still win the title. Can't really complain, can we?

I think we were lucky to get away with a point tonight, Grays came very close to winning it at the end.

Grays are a tough side to beat as they have shown in both games against them, as much as I hate to admit it they are the best side I have seen this season and I fancy them to take 2nd spot.

Great goal from Boylan tonight and great celebration running right to the Grays fans who kept singing some song about him that I couldnt understand.

It was an unusual feeling walking out of Park lane having not won I dont like it. I hope it doesnt happen again this season!

Sadly, I make you both right here, we were muscled off the ball far too many times, they closed us down very quickly and unsettled us, they were very pacy and made their passes well. Having said that, we must expect to grind out a result now and again, having witnessed good football from our chaps best part of the season, I am happy to come away with a point from this encounter, we knew it was going to be a tough game and it was.

I thought Neil Midgley looked good on the left, which I thought was a plus, because I was always under the impression that Duffy prefers the right!!

similar to the game at their place.. not firing on all cylinders but then they didnt let us.. maybe a few too many strolls in the park recently or just one of those days, either way we didnt lose and its another point in the bag .. bring on sutton, that should be quite a tough game as well

well said chaps, another valuable point against a determined grays side, after the great stuff the lads have played recently its easy to forget that there actually is another team out there, and at this stage of the season they will all be trying their hardest to `do` the champions elect! sutton shouldn`t be any different.

yellows!