Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday...........the season begins

I can’t wait ‘til the start of the season!!! Saturday you lot, Tuesday Northwich away and Wednesday St.James park for England. The break has been too long………….

How many are you expecting to make the trip up to us? We’ve heard rumours that you’re only brining 30! Is this true? Come on, make the effort, first game of the season!!!

Anyway, I hope the few that make the trip enjoy themselves, well not too much cos we’re predicting a 3-1 win.

Good luck for the season.

If you want success it's what you'll have to do.

Anyway away games are the best! The rules are make as much noise as possible, drink as much as you can (coming from Carlisle you don't normally get much time), have a bit of banter with the locals and enjoy yourself.

Well I'm going anyway. There's one supporters' coach going and that has been filled up. Bound to be a few more people driving up their. So maybe 200 to 250.

Hello Blue only managed to fill one coach (50 people )but quite a lot driving up so could be looking at 1oo ish hopefully more.coach leaving 5am so should get there about 1pm looks like Beehive or rugby club hope you have a good season Sunday onwards

if it looks like rain, make sure that there are only 99 of you that way you can sit in the stand, because the new management have decreed that 100 or more away fans must stand on an open terrace.

General feel about town is that a crowd of 6,500 to 7000 is expected.

I think CUFC should be OK. Not so sure about those who say we'll go right back up no problem as it will be a tough season in many ways.

Like Canvey, we are new to this division; unlike Canvey, we are not happy to be here; however, most of us are looking forward to meeting lots of new clubs and we hope to enjoy the experience, and the game on Saturday promises to be a great occasion, very intriguing.

At our best, we can realistically hope to get into the top 5, but we won't necessarily be at our best!

Good luck and I hope you all enjoy the game and the season.

watch your backs up there especially if you get put in the seats , we were there last season and were subjected to coins and other objects being thrown at us , the stewards are just as bad and rather than do anything about it they decided to stand back and laugh about it , i would suggest that if any of you are taking youngsters with you that you put as many bodies between yourself and the carlisle idiots as possible.

good luck.

what aload of crap that man talks about coins etc, yes we do have our idiots but we are friendly and you should get no trouble at all.

Have a safe journey enjoy your day but be warned, raincoats needed and we do have strong beer to.

not crap at all mate , infact at the time some of your fans came onto our board to apologise for the behaviour of some of your so called fans.

don't get me wrong , im sure that most of your fans are fine it just happens that the block of fans who are seated next to where the away fans are seated happen to be mindless idiots.

i only feel that it's fair to warn the canvey fans of any potential trouble that they may encounter on their day out.

We had absolutely no trouble at Carlisle, had a few pints in the rugby club before the game and then walked the 5mins to the ground past Carlisle fans without a hint of trouble. The only hostility (and the funniest moment of the day) we got was from an 8/9 year old boy who`s use of hand gestures was amazing, the boy must really practice his art.

As i say Carlisle was a pleasure to visit (apart from the coach journey) and that`s the way it should be, let`s hope it will be the same for every ground we visit this season.

We had that kid on one side of the road giving us all the gestures and then another kid on the other side doing the same. He got told off by some old bloke and ran off!!!