Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Back from Carlisle.

YELLOW

Just got back from Carlisle. I'm knackered, my neck is killing me after a 14 hour round trip, I've lost my voice due to the amount of singing and shouting I was doing and oh yes my arm is the colour of a beetroot where I caught the sun!!

Man what a day though and what a performance! 11 heroes on the pitch as we fought against the odds. A pro side newly relegated from the football league playing our part time heroes. 7000 Carlisle against barely 100 Canvey but somehow in that cauldron of noise we made ourselves heard.

I'm too tired to write anymore so I'll add further thoughts tomorrow but what a start to our first season in the Conference!

Right, I'm fully refeshed after a good night's sleep.

Top performance yesterday. Danny Potter produced a suprb display in goal producing several excellent saves. One he made in the second half was blinding.

The entire back three was superb. Chenners proved his doubters wrongs with a towering display, Dave McGhee produced a find display and Smithy was everywhere making several last ditch challenges.

In fairness we probably could have won. Lee Boylan had a fine free kick saved by the keeper and blasted one effort over from a couple of yards and dragged an effort off target. Not sure how Greggors managed to miss that open goal!!

If the crossbar had been an inch higher then J.K would have been on the score sheet.

Thought Ben Sedgemore had an excellent game, tackling well and then showing great distribution. The one dissapointment was Duffers who never really got into the game. We looked much better once Jonny Keeling came on.

Hopefully the knocks that Matt Joseph and J.K got are not too serious.

A solid point now we need to get results against Gravesend and Tamworth which won't be easy.

many thanks to the canvey supporters players and officials from canvey, super support , very friendly all round, thanks to the supporters for being so kind to the 2 ballboys in front of you, good luck for the rest of the season.

CUFC TILL I DIE

Definitely will remember this trip for a long time but kind of hoping we don't have to go back there next season. Carlisle is a long and tiring journey so I'm hoping that they win promotion. Saying that we'll probably get Barrow in their place!!!

Congrats - good result, could someone give me some information about your trip to Carlisle

As we go there on the 2nd October.

What time did your supporters coach depart Canvey, we would probably need to leave about the same time, and what time did you arrive. We are staying overnight on the saturday, travelling back Sunday. Thanks for any information.

We left at about 5-15 and reached Carlisle at about 12-45, we stopped twice for about an hour in total so it was just over 6hrs driving time. We drank in the rugby club a couple of minutes from the ground, maybe you can contact them and do the same.

We had a good time in the sunshine but i doubt you will have the same weather in october so wrap up warm, it`s a very open terrace.