Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Ratings

Some of Charles Websters ratings for the Canvey game were, IMO, baffling, also some of the comments I heard from one or two supporters really made me wonder whether we're all watching the same game. Come on Charles, Steve Mckimm MOM, are you sure you were paying attention

Its all a matter of opinion!

Macca had great game - BUT others were better as their pass completion would have exceeded Macca who didnt seem to hit another fleet player regularly! Saunders in my opinion was much better. Surey was better.

But i agree Macca played well....

MOM easily Porter.

Dear Guru

Care to reveal your true identity? You might like to know that the ratings attached to my match report for the Canvey Island game were the result of a democratic consensus formed by six Gravesend & Northfleet supporters(including myself) after the match.

You ask "are you sure you were paying attention". I was not only paying attention, and making notes, but so were others.

Are you sure you were paying attention?

Quote:
Richard C said:Macca had great game - BUT others were better as their pass completion would have exceeded Macca who didnt seem to hit another fleet player regularly!

So let's get this straight - Macca, a midfielder, displayed poor passing and yet still managed to have a 'great game'.

Hmmm...

There was no way Steve Mckimm was MOM, he played OK in his usual holding role, but created very little. There were a lot of outstanding performances in a game I thoroughly enjoyed. How you and your aides came to choose Steve ahead of the impressive Moore and and Porter to mention a couple is surprising to say the least. A couple of points in the report - there was no mention of Wilkersons fantastic save at the end, one of the best I've since for a long time, and Drury run and shot, helped on by Omoyimmi to slot home? Drurys run and cross was put in by Essendoh, Manny wasn't involved at all. All in all I thought it was an impressive display by the Fleet, and didn't think the marks reflected that. Anyway opinions are opinions and that's mine