Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A pre-season prediction

At the beginning of our current campaign I was chatting with Matt Jones, and he made the prediction that the lower league clubs coming into our division would do well. The reason he gave was, they are used to winning, and winning is a habit.

I admit, I wasn't convinced.

He went on to say, that as the season progresses, the better sides would win through.

So I look at the League now, and he is spot on, and given our current League position and quality, and the fact that we are doing so much better than our Ryman opposition of last year, we’re in a good position to push on and win this.

Let's hope he's right!

Have to say I fancied Yeading would do well, slightly surprised to see the likes of Cheshunt and Leyton also up there.

I think the "winning is a habit" bit is spot on though, this is always the issue when players who have spent their careers playing fairly uncompetetive reserve team games come into first team football at clubs like Billericay. The likes of Heeroo and Wareham won't have played many competetive games before this season and will either toughen up, or disappear.

In most cases and in most seasons it's Christmas that is the period that makes or breaks a team. Usually those teams that have come up and are doing well and are in the top three fade and those teams that are between 4th and 7th come on strong.

I honestly believe this season will be no different and that come January, the likes of Yeading and Cheshunt will be caught out and start to struggle and ourselves and teams that have the quality will come through.