Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 1 Harrow Borough 0

Andy Walsh

Emminently forgettable match.. you can see why Harrow haven't any fans - they play some of the most godawful long ball football seen in years.

First half scrappy, Harrow had a number of corners but apart from that little of note, we went close with Brayley who drew a good save from the Harrow keeper.

Second half Goths pulls off a good save soon after the break but thereafter Harrow get tired of chasing hopeless long balls. When the ball was on the deck we were much the better team, Hunter and Game were both excellent in midfield. Once dorms had got the goal we looked in control, stayed on the attack and kept them in their half - hopefully signs that we've learned from the Eastleigh and Northwood games and are now better at closing games out.

The first half was evens. Harrow always play a scrappy game and take every oportunity to waste time as all they really wanted to play for was a point...ha, ha...losers!!! At the end of the first half our superiour fitness was starting to show as Harrow were obviously tired and it showed with some really bad clearances.

Second half we were better and deserved more than the one goal. Again you could see that Harrow were tired and wanted to take every opportunity to waste time until Dormer put the ball in the net. After that, everything was taken double quick but not to their benefit. The defence snaffled everything up and every long ball our way went straight back to their half.

Well done to the lads and lets keep that second half performance up on Saturday when we go to Sailsbury.

Man of the Match...difficult one to call so I'll give the first half to Leon Hunter and the second half to Matt Game.

The first half was poor I thought. We had few chances with their keeper saving from Dorms and Brayley shooting weakly when well placed. They forced four or five corners but didnt create much clear cut.

We were much much better in the second half and I felt completely took over the game. We created a number of chances and the groundhog day fears were just beginning to resurface when Dorms stabbed home from close range. For me Matt Game was superb in the second half. If he can play like that consistently over 90 minutes he can become an important player for us. Harrow's time-wasting tactics were a disgrace and they got exactly what they deserved from the game - jack [censored].

Matches against the likes of Harrow are always tough and to come away with three points is good stuff. The league looks like its beginning to sort itself out now and another three on Saturday will put us right in the mix.

Yeah, Ross looked out of sorts in the first half and well done to Matt and Justin for wahtever they said to him at half time. Also to Ross for listening.

I like the idea of getting into a huddle before the second half. It looked as if the whole team were as one together, which is what we need if were going to win this.