Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Salisbury 1 Billericay 0

GazzaBTFC

I have tried four or five times to write something that has a positive and constructive slant on the teams performance and I am sorry, I can't.

The only thing I can say is well done to the supporters who made their way thorugh some of the worse driving and traffic conditions yesterday. We all deserved better!!!

Thats all I can say without going into a rant about effort, application and passion and the lack of them...

Very disappointing performance.

First half was ok, knocked the ball around reasonably well at times, played the better passing football. The end product wasn't great though, although their keeper has had to make a couple of saves. They've taken the lead with a high free kick that held up in the wind allowing their player to head past Goths who was stranded. No marking though. They've then almost made it 2 straight after, but Goths made a good save.

Second half we haven't really showed up. Good chance straight after the break that Trott headed wide, and Bertie had a shot saved in injury time but apart from that we never really got into it, and they looked the more likely to score.

Team

Gothard

McSweeney Sappleton Trott Kerrigan

Game Hunter Forbes Cousins

Brayley Wareham

Subs

Stowe for Cousins

Gallagher for Kerrigan

SNU: Henty, Fergus, Stannard

Dormer has 2 sore achilles and was rested, should be ok for sat. Hockers 50:50 apparently. No sign of Heeroo.

I think it's now getting to the stage in the season with over a third of the season gone that one or two of the players need to shape up or ship out. We don't have a big squad (17 first teamers including Heeroo + under 18s) and we can't afford to carry passengers who aren't making much of a contribution.

Like Gazza I have been thinking what to write about yesterday that will come out in a positive way but cannot think of hardly anything.

I would like to congratulate all our supporters who made the journey to Salisbury in such terrible weather conditions either by car or on the Mini Coach.

I know the two people who agreed to part pay for the Mini Coach as thought it was important to run a Coach to this game are very disappointed by the result.

The thing that hurts me more than anything is that I believe we have a good team and on there day we know how good they can be in fact one if not the best in this league. I have seen no team in this league which I think is that bit extra special and believe at the end of the season we can reach the play offs if not win the league.

The Salisbury game was a key game for us with Cup and Trophy games coming up this could be our last league game for about 3 weeks so 3 points were vital. 3 points yesterday could of put us 3rd.

You could tell when the players came in the club house after the game they knew they had let themselves and us the supporters down as we were the better team yesterday.

We know need to put this behind us as we cannot change what happenned but can learn and beleive in ourselves that we can bounce back stronger and better and book our place in the 1st Round of the FA Cup on Saturday.

See you all on Saturday.

Andrew Turner

BTSA Chairman

* The futures bright the futures blue and white *

A good game for us to snatch. Thought you guys were better than us until we scored.

I think we were under the impression that your guys thought they had come for an easy win before the game started, and the conditions didn't help.

But as we showed at Weston Super Mare the week before we are capable of playing the game and our position in the league does not represent our ability to play football. I think you guys and girls feel how we have felt for the past 7 or 8 games........disappointed at your teams performance. I'm hoping that we're now on a role and can win in the FA Cup next week at Slough.

Good luck to you guys and girls and well done on making it down the motorways in the really bad weather.....it was the highest crowd of the day in the league, and would have been more if our fair weather supporters would have come out for the game. We'll see you at your place in a few months time.