Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What was the Abbey fan(s) problem?

Robson

A lot of strengh in depth then.??

Saying that, i think that partly goes to explain why Abbey are top of the league this year,instead of 4th or 5th as was predicted at the start of the season.They have a very settled team. Looking at their programme on Saturday ,they have had vertualy the same 13-14 players playing in every league game.They must have been very fortunate with injuries so far this season.But to be fair they have explioted that consistant line up well,and deserve to be top at present.

Contrast this to the Town who have had the usual catalogue of absentee's.All three central defenders were not available through injury for the Abbey game. G.Hall/Snowden/Brotherton. Also out cental midfielder Everitt has been out for the last two months. That is not to make excuses because as Town have a much biger squad than most,they should be able to cope with losing players.My point is ,if (say) five Abbey players pick up knocks.Is their squad strong enough to cope.?

The Abbey reserves are in a very difficult league which consists of the reserve teams of the following, Canvey Island, Leyton, Grays to name but a few so in fairness we should be getting beat 5-0 every game as most of the players they play against are getting paid.

In view of the fact no money is being payed other than a win bonus (Beer) I think the club as a whole are doing very well.

If only we could stop the vandalism and sort the pitch out I think we have the potential to move onwards and upwards.

Coach just summed it up, strength in depth...mmm we might struggle if we had four or five out at one time but our Manager handles situations well, is blooding youngsters as we go along for the future as well. Our Reserve league is too strong really but it gives great experience for the youngsters etc and all that. We keep a good spirit at the club as you know so the results are not really important at the moment.