Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merger

All this talk of a merger is exciting to read but i think that this will never happen.

What will happen is the death of both Enfield clubs within the next 10 years.

How is this?

Well ETFC when the birth had started we all (inc me) thought that the old good times of being a 'force' in non league football was to come back, but as the 3 years have past we are still in the ESL and struggling to get out of it and the way we are playing at present we could be stuck in this leage for a 5th season. Each season the attendances at brimmo have slowley started to fall.

As for EFC at present they are doing very well in Ryman 2 but if they were do be promoted i dont think that they will be able to go much further than league 1 North.

But i can't see either club being able to find funds to build a ground especially whilst the council owns the majority of free land they is more interested in building homes than building a football ground. Why cant our council help like Stevenages can?

They only sight i can think of thats at present is available and not council owned is the old picketts lock centre and although there has been talk of a new athletics stadium being built there it seems to have quietned down on that front. The only way forward is to build a decent ground 10,00 or so, on the above site which has ample parking and train station near by. Once finished the 2 clubs can merge and form the Enfield of tomorrow and the road to the football league shall begin.

If only i was more than a fan.

Far be it for me to comment really Towners but you'll all just have to be more patient. Success never comes easy.

As you know, we at the Boro have been searching for a ground of our own since reforming in 1992 and, only now,does there seem to be a spark of possibility as shown by our current 'Boro Bonanza' campaign.

When we started off again in '92 we had good crowds which, for various reasons, have diminished over the years. But at least we still have a strong nucleus of support after all this time and are actively seeking to increase this through our 'Back to the Boro, campaign.

Just be glad that you still exist and are doing moderately successfully and, at least, have a reasonably inexpensive ground with a long term leasing arrangement which allows you to move up the pyramid if you achieve a promotion place.

Don't live in the past Towners. Be happy for your present and work hard with enthusiasm for your future.

There is a very long way to go yet .lets see how things pan out over the next year or two. What we must remember is that whats good for football in Enfield not whats good for a clique of people in our boardroom and the Idiots who snuck up to them who only want whats best for them and J C .If Enfield F C do return home then I shall be the first to quit E T F C as essex senior football is not the exceptable standard that I want to watch week in and week out. Last sunday was an eyeopener for many of us and its quite clear to me that the Bad old days of Lazarou are behind them.

Quote:
If Enfield FC do return home then I shall be the first to quit ETFC, as essex senior football is not the exceptable standard that I want to watch week in and week out. Last sunday was an eyeopener for many of us and its quite clear to me that the Bad old days of Lazarou are behind them.

The bad old days of Lazarou also happen to contain some of our most cherished memories.

But anyway, why go back to EFC should they return to the Borough? What would happen if EFC were relegated into a division "not worth" watching? Would you go and find the next best team in the surrounding area? Say Barnet?

You sound very much like a gloryhunter? Did you start supporting Chelsea last season with everyone else? I mean come on, ETFC have been around for 3 and a half years. EFC have been around for over 100 years, and they never reached above Conference football (but my god, we should've).

My point being, ETFC can easily go on to much bigger and better things. It's obvious that as and when we get promoted, we will start attracting a large number of supporters back. The game against EFC proves this. It's just that most Enfieldians are like you - they don't want to be watching ESL football at this moment in time. But rest assured, as we progress higher, they will come back.

Mark my word.

To me it a couple of weeks ago this would of never of been brought up. I think you have lost two big games recently and some of you fans are thinking, 'we might not be going anywhere, and if we did join efc we should go places.' (only an opinoin), that may be true it might not, i personally feel you should carrie on as the club you are and build your future,

just like to say well done abbey for last sat, bad game, great result.

This came up on another thread somewhere too. It is not the case, the discussion has been going on on and off since Beelzebub slung his hook. Before that, actually.

It is too simplistic to say everything will be alright if and when ETFC get promoted. We need our own stadium to make real progress. Exactly the same applies to EFC.

Two clubs in the borough will basically divide the gate at each club by two. Whichever club is higher at the time might get a few more. And two clubs will be trying to get or build two stadia in the borough and you all know how easy it is get planning permission for a football ground, let alone buying the land, building and maintaining the thing. If it ever happens all that expense will be doubled up for no reason.

Yes, if one club does well on and off the pitch it wll probably drive the other out of existence, or to a permanent Step 5 existence. More likely each club will act as an anchor for the other, always holding it (and thus football in the borough) back.

Still, I've always got Brighouse Town......

Right. Both clubs must join forces and lobby Enfield council to be given the rundown athletics track to share,that is THE QE2 STADIUM .

Both clubs could then work together (as two totally seperate clubs,for the common goal of improving the facilities and sharing the ground.)

The clubs could then exist indefinatly as seperate clubs,with the common goal of the shared ground.Or when relations between the clubs improve to such an extent that merger is a consideration.Then it would be up to the clubs to decide if this is the best way forward.

Just think both clubs getting their own bar talkings.Something that both clubs need to have a chance of seeing big financial progress.

Quote:
Right. Both clubs must join forces and lobby Enfield council to be given the rundown athletics track to share,that is THE QE2 STADIUM .

Both clubs could then work together (as two totally seperate clubs,for the common goal of improving the facilities and sharing the ground.)

The clubs could then exist indefinatly as seperate clubs,with the common goal of the shared ground.Or when relations between the clubs improve to such an extent that merger is a consideration.Then it would be up to the clubs to decide if this is the best way forward.

Just think both clubs getting their own bar talkings.Something that both clubs need to have a chance of seeing big financial progress.
A very sensible post lovely stuff both clubs need a shared stadium and time to repair what differences they have .Town are going nowhere exept backwards and sideways while E's have a new chairman whose very keen to restore pride back into them at probable cost to himself.If E's do return home to the borough a lot of people (myself included) will look a little bit embarrassed.