Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thinking ahead to next season

BFR

another has been making his calculations for his excellent website click here to give a picture of how the leagues will look next season. On the basis of league positions a few days ago Tony has suggested we will be moved over to the Southern Premier Division, along with Windsor and Staines.

The full division would be

Aylesbury, Banbury, Bath City, Bedford, Chesham, Cirencester, Evesham, Gloucester City, Halesowen, Hednesford, Hitchin, Maidenhead, Mangotsfield, Rugby Utd, Slough, Staines, Team Bath, Tiverton, Uxbridge, Willenhall, Windsor and Yate Town.

Would be interesting! That would be our sixth change of division in as many years. Long way to go this season before any of this is conclusive of course

AFC will need a clear out next summer when they go out I think as I don't think their current team are good enough to win the league. Have a lot of ex hendon players and have Ant Howard playing centre back, and although Ant is a good player - can be dodgy at CB. I think we'd beat them...

A switch to the Southern League would be fine for me, that would put six matches within half hour of me.

Also I've watched Glos City a few times this season and the standard of football is rubbish, most of the Isthmian teams would find it easy in the Southern League. A lot of the SL teams have got fat, old blokes playing for them.

I've read many times on the Salisbury forum that they have found it difficult getting used to the ryman league style of play. Your description of fat blokes turning out runs true with a few of their porky players. However, as for finding it easy I'm not sure - after all two of the teams who went from Ryman to SPL are in the bottom four at the moment.