Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wexham park

I know this is old hat to the slough fans and im sorry if its a painful question but why cant you play at your stadium,I went there a few years back and im just puzzled as why you were put out of there. I have been to windsor and its a tidy place but wexham park just standing there seems to be a shocking waste.

But why did you have to go elsewhere.I got the enfield story but was your story similar to theirs such as bad owners and unsympathetic local authority ?

i think you got it in a nutshell there mate, the family who own it dont want the club to use the ground so we are currently groundsharing with Windsor and Eton who although are good hosts, it obviously cant last, and the council appear to be doing nothing to solve the problem by either buying the land for us or finding us somewhere else to go

(if im wrong in any way please correct me)

The enfield story is a horrendous tale of greed and a local authority given a near on 4 thousand signature petition and then unbelievably sided with the owner who of course eventually legged it with the fund of 750 grand to build a new ground.At least your ground is still there and while it is the hope is always there to return . Wealdstone had a similar story, And of course my old club wimbledon a miserable effort by merton council there.

it looks unlikely that we will ever go back to the Park, the only real hope is that we can find sme land to buy and build a new stadium there, but even that looks unlikely, as the council seem to be doing very little. there was a theory that we could build in Britwell but that got flushed down the pan.

Last time I went there is when Graham Roberts was manager. Slough went 2-0 up in the 89th minute but two gaoals for enfield in added time made the final score 2-2 never will I forget mr Roberts face it was a picture.

The story is a long and horrendous one.

Our council actually owned the freehold of the ground. When the Thorne family took over the club they leased Wexham Park from the Council. When the Thornes pulled out and would not upgrade the ground the club was kicked out of the conference. The club was then taken over by another group and an arrangement was made for them to lease the pitch from the Thornes.

As part of the various agreements the Thornes had the option to buy the freehold at a bargain price. They took this up and now own the land and presumably are waiting until it can be developed.

Had the council not sold the freehold they could have easily secured the future of the football club.

Now they tell us that there is no other options within the borough.

Well actually, ARAAS when I met with the council they told me that there was no land available in the borough because it had all been used to build empty office blocks. Admittedly in saying that they were trying to score cheap political points.

But having said that if you can find us a brown belt site big enough for the development of a football ground that would be a start!

True we could just flatten Britwell. It has happened before we could do it again. The trouble is every time you mention building on somewhere with "Park" in the name people have a fit.