Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pennock will come ?

I believe Pennock will come back to us at the end of the season. We only have 15 games so why not keep a caretaker in charge until the end of the season. He loves the club so lets get him.

15 games to go - fair enough if we had no chance of relegation. We need a manager in A.S.A.P. but agree Pennock would be my choice. I always thought that Pennock would take over with Andy Ford stepping upstairs, pity Ade couldn't have waited a bit longer. Definitely don't want Kinnear

I'll ask him whether he would be interested. I suspect, being the honest man that he is, he would feel he is still too inexperienced, and he wouldn't want to let Welling down.

Also, his young, but growning family may disuade him from the pressures of full time work. Even as a part-timer at Fleet and Welling , he lives for football, and appears to work very long hours.

In actual fact with Pennock being relatively unexperienced as a manager I'd rather have him on a short term deal until the end of the season say, a time in which his managerial ability can really be judged.

But lets not all forget he's just been appointed Welling manager, is on a contract and would probably not enjoy 'giving up' on Welling after such a brief stay?

Quote:
Also, his young, but growning family may disuade him from the pressures of full time work.

Who's to say it will definitely be a full-time appointment?

Having said that, a return for Pennock does seem unlikely.

Well, I suppose offering a full-time post could potentially attract a higher class of applicant - but given that the playing staff are all part-time, I wouldn't want to rush into the commitment of having another full-time manager until I was sure that he was actually the right man for the job. Of course, it takes time to find this out.