Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Isthmian Fans having another dig at you lot!

RalphC

Colin has said it all, there's always a bit of banter between fans, as long as its nothing vindictive or nasty then whats the problem? It just so happens that Canvey seem to the most unpopular team in the Ryman, Gravesend fans certainly took great pleasure in singing 'who do you think you were kidding Canvey Island' and 'cheer up Jeffrey King', its just a bit of a laugh!

In all seriousness (no, really!), your hardcore may well pay £9 to get in to see Canvey, but your gates are pretty low, and I fail to see how you're gonna attract new fans with a price that high.

There are probably a lot of interested would-be fans in the local area who've seen Canvey's admittedly-impressive (oops, i did it again!) run of results last season, but simply can't justify spending that sort of money for non-league football.

I started seeing St Albans when it was a fiver to get in, which I thought reasonable for non-league football, and from there I got hooked. If I were a potential fan now, the price would scare me off.

As a supporter who sometimes prefers to sit in the stand, can I point out it was £10 at Kingstonian last year- £1 more expensive than Canvey. At Gravesend I paid for a seat and ended up standing at the back due to the lack of leg room and the filthy seats! How anyone over 5' 6"" could sit I don't know. As for the 'shed' of a stand at Hitchen, I wouldn't keep pigs in it!

So Canvey isn't so bad, you get a good view all round the ground and it's kept clean and tidy, which is more than can be said for a lot of grounds.

Abrasive Vic? Not me! Kingstonian are another club that like to rip off their fans, someone told me last season they were charging £6 for kids to stand, looks like they're paying the price for it now though, that should serve as a warning to other clubs, treat your fans with respect on the way up coz you might find you need them on the way down!

I've never sat in the stand at Gravesend so I'll have to take Brian's word for that, I like to watch my football standing.

frd of mine went to storford at the weekend cost 11.50 for him and his son , being a casual fan he couldnt be arsed to join the kids super saver whatever club it is that gets em in for a quid... could have both got in for a tenner at park lane.. god we are value for money ... for the er, casual fan who stands with one kid with em on a non regular basis.