Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cancer Research - Race for Life

Rebel Kay

Both Scarlett and I are doing the Race for Life on 24th July. Its a three mile (yes I know its ONLY three miles) walk in Upton Park on 24th July.

When I say Scarlett is walking, I fear I might end up carryng her most of the way, anyway if anyone is willing to sponsor us all contributions would be greatly received. If anyone wants to join us let me know and I'll send you the details. Its a very good cause as very few of us will be lucky enough to get through life without being effected by cancer either directly or via a family member or friend. So Please, please sponsor us. Thanks

What Kay isn't telling you when she refers to people being lucky to get through life without being touched by cancer is that she went through an intensive course of chemotherapy back in 1999/2000.

She spent three weeks in hospital, was very ill for a while and is now faced with tests for the rest of her life. But, being the person she is, she's battled through it, is ok and has done the Race for Life every year since to raise money for others in the hope that they don't have to go through the same ordeal. In fact, in one year she did three different events!

I know it's on the back of repeated requests for money for the walk but please be generous on this one.