Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bye, bye Bertie

Coffin Ender

I was under the impression that he had already signed for them and that we were acquiring his services, on loan, on a match to match basis. Are you saying that he will now NOT be giving us his services anymore as from immediate effect?

Quote:
cookie said:
I was under the impression that he had already signed for them and that we were acquiring his services, on loan, on a match to match basis. Are you saying that he will now NOT be giving us his services anymore as from immediate effect?

Quote:
STIMMOs-ARMY said:
So is he on loan from us or have you signed him from us.

He has not even been mentioned at Grays before today and the news cam efrom our webmaster who had an email from the club

I reckon he's signed for Grays on non-contract terms which he was probably on with us too. My understanding is that he was a free agent in the summer and has been with Aldershot, ourselves and now Grays on a game-to-game basis. I don't see where a loan can come into it if it's non-contract.

Unless he signed a one-year deal with Grays today and they've loaned him back to us? Or he could be on a deal with noone - just training with Grays, but playing for us on a game-to-game basis? Think it would be nice if someone official made it clearer.

From Grays forum...

"A player can be registered to play for more than one club providing they are not in the same league. Bertie is registered with us and also Margate, although he is training with us. As he is on a NON CONTRACT basis with both clubs he can play for them as well as us.

I knew this but it didn't 'dawn' on me until I was reading the article by Chris Kinnear to Phil."

Think that clears that up!

i really hope he can play for us some more, he is one hell of a player, as i said else were on the forum he is the best player i have seen in a gate shirt for some time.

[color:"red"]quote(Anonymous of course): All well and gd, but if bertie can play for both clubs, wot sort of loyalty is that! MONEYGRABER [color:"blue"]

From a positive angle, he's a bloke who's on the fringe of a Conference team. Rather than sit in the stands or play meaningless games for the reserves, he'll go down to another level of football where he can exhibit his skills, keep match fit and help a team that needs players of his quality. Then if he's needed at Grays he's ready to perform rather than rusty, he can leave Margate having given his all, rather than just going through the motions as we've seen with some players we've taken on loan.