Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Updates

margateshot

I will try and phone Cookie evey 15 mins for updates. Latest after approx 10 mins 0-0 honours fairly even. Team

Mitten

Sesay

Allman

Edwards

Dean

Donavon

Keister

Brayley

Taylor

Amioko

Standen

Subs Egan Hilaire Kola Remy and another who I forget.

33 mins

Still 0-0 a few chances for the gate. Their chances have been through our mistakes however, with the defence being a little jittery. Brayley is apparently commanding the back and looks another class.

Update at H-T

Stll pretty even but a few good chances from the gate near the end. Standen had a good effort and Brayley hit a shot from 20 yds which was tipped over by their keeper. Defence still a bit jittery but Brayley still commanding. Players seem to be about a second behind Brayley as he is playing passes that higher league players would anticipate. Gate seem to be coming into a bit more however.

73 mins

Margate 0-1 Leyton

Attack down wing which Allman failed to get back for crossed over and appeared to go to Mitten but player nipped him to it with his head which went to another player who headed in. Another dire game according to Cookie.

Brayley looked very lively and skilful on the ball. As correctly stated above, other players not able to anticipate his moves. Worked well with Standen I thought.

Gate's man of the match for me was Keister, very commanding in central defence, excellent passing and workrate. Should definitely have taken the penalty. When you saw Taylor shaping up you just knew it was going to go horrible wrong.

How can we keep playing Mitten when he can hardly kick the ball?

When are we going to convert possession in and around the opponents' box into goals?

You got it about right there Chris.

For a change, although we lost I am not despondent.

We played pretty well, apart from in front of goal. Brayley made a big difference.

Had Gavin, Pat and Greg sitting next to me.

Pat reckons he will be back next week, but he has said that before.

Charlie needs to get his injury sorted.

Whats the point of paying Paul Egan if he not going to be used?

Dave.

Quote:
michaelmichael said:
The only comment i've got is why doesn't our joint top scorer-Remy play up front.
Ok he is no superstar ,but does seem to have a bit of a scoring knack and can win the occasional ball in the air

I've heard it said that the coaches are unhappy about his workrate, describing him as 'lazy' & complaining he's 'coasting', whereas Adolph & Charlie Taylor are hard-working up front.

Ok 1st half but 2nd was poor. Should be beating teams like this!!! Leyton were the worst side i've seen in this league and there defence was a joke at times but still we lost. Bertie has made an impact so thats the only good point from the gun. Struggling to stay positive with us losing to teams like this. Just hoping we can improve in the next game.

Come on the gate!!!