Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We lost. Sack the manager!

Chris1

As usual these comments are starting to appear on the forum. What do true fans think are realistic expectations?

If we go down this season then yes, the board should look at CK's position. If we stay up and are not in contention by Christmas 2006, ditto.

Apart from that he should stay. Who agrees?

I think it would help the team, and our results, if the lads did not have to run around the pitch each game carrying the huge weight of unrealistic expectations with them.

I also think it would help if we could understand that the team is building, and these are young lads, and it would be more motivating to them for us to shout encouragement at them rather than abuse.

I also think that we could do with a bit of patience, accept that we need to consolidate ourselves in this league this season, and look to better things next year.

I also think that CK does not deserve the flak he is getting at the moment, but that he should be supported in what he is trying to do.

I also think that if we lose a game, it does not necessarily mean that we played cr*p all the way through it.

And I also think that we should not be singling out any individual as the scapegoat hook to hang our disappointment on, we should take disappointment on the chin but go forward.

Did anyone else see some good football today or am I the only one?

Quote:
jkmaskell said:
More calls for CK to quit. Nothing beats people standing stoicly behind CK to make it at least a little easier on him and the team morale wise...

JKM are you stating your opinion or being ironic there? The word 'stoically' makes your comment ambiguous.

It was ironic. I dont understand why some fans on this site believe that CK should quit. CK isnt on the field of play. The 11 men on the field should be the ones being asked to quit if they are failing. The word stoicly was thrown in there...Ill avoid using it in future!

CK could have walked anytime in the last 3 years but has instead chosen freely to stay with Margate and fight to get Margate back up where we once were. The least we can do is give him our support.

How is it a good thing for CK to leave? If he leaves we need to find a new manager and that manager needs to learn the team from scratch and work out how to use the players well to score goals and work as a team. That cant happen overnight. I would think it would take a matter of weeks. Of course Margate would still have to play the games as laid down on the schedule so time would be even more of a factor.

CK stayed with Margate despite being able to leave whenever he wanted (hes had opportunities to walk as other posters here have said in the past). For the fans of Margate FC to just throw him away despite him putting club above his own ambitions is heartless.

Margate FC cannot just change managers as if its a computer game. SSS, I think you are very much wrong here.

Dont you think ck is haveing a hard enuf time as it is......let alone trying to build a team to take us onwards and upwards......i for one think the man deserves some praise where his signing are concerned, lets face it IF he reads all these negative comments on here and then gets a earhole bashing from the directors( or who ever dishes out the bollockings. the man has a heart you know not a swinging brick, so have a heart some of you give him a chance and the team....as for loseing yet another game, we cant have it all as it was before, it would seem some of us are wanting it all,lets help him along a show him he still has us right behind him where we have always been

Quote:
MargateFan said:
I think it would help the team, and our results, if the lads did not have to run around the pitch each game carrying the huge weight of unrealistic expectations with them.
I also think it would help if we could understand that the team is building, and these are young lads, and it would be more motivating to them for us to shout encouragement at them rather than abuse.
I also think that we could do with a bit of patience, accept that we need to consolidate ourselves in this league this season, and look to better things next year.
I also think that CK does not deserve the flak he is getting at the moment, but that he should be supported in what he is trying to do.
I also think that if we lose a game, it does not necessarily mean that we played cr*p all the way through it.
And I also think that we should not be singling out any individual as the scapegoat hook to hang our disappointment on, we should take disappointment on the chin but go forward.
Did anyone else see some good football today or am I the only one?
Nice one June,Well said,the so called fans of MFC who want CKs head imo are wrong,he will build this side,they forget that he had to get a side of players that where available to him at the start of the season and perhaps not the side he wanted,yes times are hard at the moment and yes the confidence within the team might not be at a all time high,but,I am sure that we will be alright at the end of the day.We have to keep the faith no matter how hard it may seem,by the way,to the fans behind the goal in the 2nd half,a certain player,ok not one of my favorites but he puts on the BLUE shirt and does his best,he dont deserve the crap that the so called fans who IMO have naver kicked a ball in there life give him.UP_THE GATE.

"hoesty over loyalty". I think it says it all. You put yourself above the club. Its selfish. If you were loyal you would put your faith in CK to put things right. Every single club in footballing history has had bad patches and has always recovered. We have a bad run, so what? If you are a fan of Margate FC, you stick to it to the end.

To put my own experience on it, Im a big fan of the Conservative Party, hell Im a member of it. Its no suprize to a single person on this forum. I still criticise it from time to time though(there are still gaping holes that need to be filled and certain major national figures I couldnt trust at all - Francis Maude is a traitor to the Party who shamelessly tried to steal the votes of 250,000 people) but I remain loyal to the cause because its for the greater good. Relating it to CKs position. I am a supporter of Margate so I look to see where the best interests of Margate FC lie. By changing manager there will be a huge amount of change which is something the club doesnt need and given the sacrifices CK has made for the fans and the team, why should the fans push for him to be thrown out? Pushing for change when change isnt needed is disloyalty.

Be honest by all means, but look at the broader picture and stick to the cause. Change should only occur if its for the greater good. CK leaving is to the detriment of the club and should not happen.