Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We lost. Sack the manager!

Chris1

Service in midfield has certainly improved with the addition of Bertie, and can only get better with Greg and Pat coming back to fitness. Also, we were without Gavin yesterday which caused us problems as he is very good at getting forward with the ball, and also is very strong in tackles - well, I for one would not want to argue with him!

I think we have lost sight of the fact that yesterday's match was actually very close, and if the luck had gone more our way it could have been a far more positive result. We certainly had a lot of the posession and played a far more attacking game than has been seen of late. We in fact looked very threatening in the first half particularly.

I think that everyone had very high expectations of our return to Hartsdown, and because those expectations have not as yet been met some of us are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water. CK has been courting Bertie for some time, has eventually got his man, and yet no-one has given him the credit that I can see for effecting his signing. And I do think we need to be careful of Bertie as well, he is not a one-man team, so let's not crush him with our hopes either.

There were eleven men on that field yesterday. All of them made mistakes, but also all of them in some way and at times played well. The fact that we did not win the game does not in my mind make any of them, or their manager, a villain.

Perhaps instead of getting our knitting out as the tumbrills arrive we could try and exercise a bit of restraint. Things have become a tad hysterical around here of late.

I think what a few people are touching on is the key - we need a big striker who plays on instinct and wants the ball whether its in the air or wherever. They will then be able to cause the defence problems and it will make us less predictable as the other players will be able to have the time to come into the attacking play more and more. However, these players are rare and when you find one noone is going to let them go. Steve Watts would be fantastic.

At the moment we have Amoako who is ok at what he does, Taylor who is lazy and Remy who is tall but is lazy. Show Remy and Taylor the door, keep Hilaire as back-up to Amoako. We need a target man who also is a bit of a hard man too. Phil Collins mould. How many times have we seen our players get bullied off the ball this year?

Ok some names

Steve Watts

Steve West

Craig Wilkins

Shaun Welford (is he any good?)

? Jones (Folkestone)??

Kedwell?

Its Boxing day. People want to be with their families. SSS, there are a whole range of reasons why people choose not to watch Margate play at Christmas. Not much money, spending time with the family indoors, the weather, not being bothered (if they arent the hardcore of supporters).

How do you know itll only be 600? Are you just guessing or do you only know 600 people who have said they will appear?

Welford isn't going anywhere. And as for Kedwell he was recently voted conference south player of the month. What scenario do you envisage that would see him signing for Margate?

Two questions.

Has Brayley signed permanently now? I thought he was on loan from Grays.

Who do you play on Boxing Day? Logic suggest home to Folkestone.

James, Seasidesteve isnt the only one to have heard that.I was told this very morning the very same thing. I havent heard,it but someone who is an out-&-out optimist about the team has told me.It should be pretty obvious anyway to say that some wont come again whilst the team are underperforming.Thats just natural.Why do you think we are pushing to get these posters out..Its to try and offset those that will not be coming back.Be nice you see you at a game again too.

To most keen football followers Boxing day I would have thought would be the ONE day that they want to go to a game & not the reverse.

Am still hopeful of getting a good crowd having said all the above as it is a local derby with Folkestone so they will bring a few.I will be happy to see that 1000 mark achieved again.

When Iwas coming away from the ground on Saturday I heard many people say THATS IT I wont be coming back to see this crap.Ithink Margate have have blown it where the crowd is concerned.Maybe agood result against Hendon might bring a few back for the Folkstone game, but I agree with posters we will be lucky to get 600 to 700 a disapointing crowd for a Boxing Day.. If we had been playing well we probably have got our highest gate of the season.

Well as I said previously I will be doing my bit by bringing at least 3 others & hopefully a few more. Im am hoping we will get 750 min & be great to get over 1,000 but know that hinges on next couple of games.

No I was replying to FF June when he asked what crowd would be if it was a Thanet derby on Boxing day! As I said earlier in thread I think we will get at least 750 but maybe more if we do well in next couple of games