Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We lost. Sack the manager!

Chris1

look at this realistically we all know ck can do the job as has been proved, now is NOT the right time to sack him and knowing the man as i do i think that if he feels like he is fighting a losing battle then his pride will take over and he will walk as i believe he only wants the best for this club. Give him a little longer, i believe he can keep us up this season and i dont think for 1 moment that ck is taking this all in his stride, he must be pulling his hair out, i know the results are not going our way and i cannot comment on todays game as could not make it but i am behind him 100% at the moment although will b interesting to see where we finish.

I THINK A CHANGE IN MANAGER NOW COULD BE DISASTROUS.

besides who would replace him with his track record, theres always Gazza,lol,

Come on guys hold out just a little bit longer!!

anyone who thinks that CK should go is full of [****!!****] and obviously doesn't know alot about the football club.

no one. NO ONE cares more about the club than CK and no one is better for the job of getting this club back on track than CK.

Everyone is expecting a miracle turnaround from being back home, but good teams who win, take time to form, whatever division you are in.

I admire the optimism of everyone thinking we're to win every game, but the simple fact is that at the moment we are not good enough, this is not through any fault of anyone, we must just rebuild over time, rather than overnight.

Lets face the facts.We should be taking the points off teams like Leyton especialy at home. they wern't a very good team were they.The buck has to stop someware usually it's the manager. After all he makes the signings and picks the team.If he cannot motivate the team anymore or influence the play its time for him to go I'm afraid.Get a new man in and it might buck up this talentless bunch of so called players. Im fed up hearing about giving them time.Thev'e had enough time to perform better than they do.Will we be saying the same ole thing when we are in Div 1 next season.Cause you can bet your bottom dollar the players won't hang around next season they won't want to play in a lower Div.They will think they are better than that but in reality they are not.So we start fom scratch again and the excuses start again. I hope it doesn't happen but Isense it will.

If ck gets the sack there will be no MFC to watch,talk about...he needs support not running down...would like to see some of those running him down do a better job...come on lets see if u could...i doubt if u could . Ck doesnt need this right now.....18 months ago u were all right behind him...give the man a chance to do his job, he cant make it right over night

I think some of the critics here arent realising what they are saying. Getting rid of a manager will lead to months of trouble. The results wont suddenly improve. Itll take a number of results to come up with a new manager and set up. That might not leave Margate any time to improve this season. By changing its manager we might well be asking for relegation.

I first started going to H.D.P. as a kid when we were southern league southern division and lost more then we won and the highlight of the match was the floodlights being turned on but dont remeber all this we lost sack the manager. Dont foget change is not necessarily good, look at West Ham, 7th under Harry Redknapp, next season relegated under Glen Roeder. GK got us into the Conference last time, give him the chance to get us there again.

Quote:
TonyM said:
by the way,to the fans behind the goal in the 2nd half,a certain player,ok not one of my favorites but he puts on the BLUE shirt and does his best,he dont deserve the crap that the so called fans who IMO have naver kicked a ball in there life give him.

You are talking about the player who delivered a pinpoint pass from the wing to the feet of our forward, who instead of blasting it into the net took so many touches the opposition cleared.

What concerns me most is the lack of committment from certain individuals out there week in week out. Charlie Taylor, a fine example today when he bottled EVERYTHING. He had several opportunities to challenge for the ball but just watched. He's either crap or lazy or both. I wouldnt even call him a luxury as he proved he cant finish too. A waste of space and time. I would say some of what Standen does is ok but he and Hasim Deen have got to keep the ball for longer and eventually the oppo will crack. We seem to lose patience after 5 passes and then punt a hopeless ball to Taylor who will then do nothing to try and win it in the air. Most sides in the Ryman can keep the ball for a while when they have it and then draw the mistakes from us. This has been happening without fail every time we play this year and it is something CK should spot straight away and deal with. He's even handed Hasim a new deal so he must know something I dont about the lad cos he looked poor for me yesterday. He needs to show more composure out there. Sooner we get Gradley back the better IMO.

The level of committment from 4 or 5 individuals is really bad. It's like they're not even getting paid, honest opinion. I couldnt understand it if it was a pub side we were watching but this is a side run by a man who claims to be the most successful manager currently in non-league (quote Gazette) and his team is letting him down badly. There are some good indivuals out there but thats what they are INDIVIDUALS and they dont look like becoming a team.

Now CK get your foot and kick some arses before next week or we could face the drop again soon enough. I'm worried that CK cant turn this around because hes playing players in December that shouldnt have even been kept on after 1 game in blue colours.

I am bitterly disappointed with yesterday and though my patience is wearing thin I too do not believe the manager should go JUST yet. He is surely on the edge of being dismissed I would have thought but at this time a change,despite some of us believing his tactics and team selections are wrong is not going to help. He just needs to evaluate things, stop playing players who shouldnt be out there because of their "name" and play players in the positions that are beneficial to the team.He needs to motivate them better and get them pushing up,even if it means having just Edwards left on the half-way line to cover any through balls over the top.We should all be parked in the oppositions half and we need not defend so much then. CK needs to change certain things and quickly & despite some feelings about him going I am sure that even HE knows his position isnt guaranteed from the directors point of view either. THey have a business to run and even they must be thinking somewhere in their minds about his future,at the moment.His players are NOT giving their all despite what others are saying.They are not giving us what they are worth. No,lets not sack CK at this time but he is on his ninth life however in my opinion & he must be aware of that.Though the players arent doing the business it IS down to the manager at the end of the day and even HE will be aware of this.

Against a very poor side today,even worse than Redbridge I thought, we let ourselves down badly and this must change soon or the "get rid of Kinnear" brigade will grow. Bertie Brayley commanded and run the show and maybe now that he is here they can practice in training just how to learn to "TELEGRAPH" certain moves and be in position to make the most of certain moves that Bertie is about to create.Anticipation is a great asset but our players are both too slow in thinking ahead and also unable to get into positions before the "great" pass has been made.The best thing today was seeing Bertie show his class,its just a pity that he has a few numbskulls around him.Still if CK can acquire another 6 or 7 Berties then we will be on the up again for sure.Lets hope Bertie isnt too down after yesterday with his companinons efforts and lack of skill in certain areas.

As for penalties there is only one man for the job so give it to him. Even he will miss occasionally but at least it gives us every chance of scoring and at least we cant complain then that the right person hadnt stepped up in the first place. Nice gesture yesterday of making Bertie captain for the day.And he acted and played exactly like a captain should.

Its the players that need a kick up the backside, there defence was awful at times. The difference was they commited to winning the ball not bottle'ing every challenge. Also why the hell do we hold on to the ball to long and let defenders come to them, with no help from a team mate. I dont want CK to go, but do think he needs to change a few things. Wich im sure he will soon hopefully.

Quote:
Mrs_Meatloaf said:
If ck gets the sack there will be no MFC to watch,talk about...he needs support not running down...would like to see some of those running him down do a better job...come on lets see if u could...i doubt if u could . Ck doesnt need this right now.....18 months ago u were all right behind him...give the man a chance to do his job, he cant make it right over night

TI,you know how I felt when I left to go to work last evening.GUTTED!
I would willingly take you up on your challenge and make a team selection of the players we have and get a result.And I would do it for nothing. Just give me the players names & I would be able to place players in positions that will see the best of them surface.We have the players but they are wrongly played i.m.o. And there ARE players out there that SHOULDNT be there too. A few adjustments to tactics on the day and bobs your uncle.Sorted! Yes,I really believe its that simple.Lets face it at the moment it couldnt get worse.If it didnt happen MY way then at least there would be no change to things as they are.It wont happen anyway so thats that.
As for those that think Gradley will make a massive change then I believe you are going to be massively disappointed.
Finally,I would like to say that though I beleive CK has been a brilliant manager and hopefully he will CONTINUE to be a great manager for us it has to be said that no-one should be above removing,even CK. But not at this time might I add.MARGATE FC would still survive and continue with or without him thats for sure.WE just would prefer it to be WITH him.

Yesterday the team had a much improved performance in comparison with the games at East Thurrock and Heybridge. They played some decent passing football at times. Bertie gave everything and had a real captain's game. We lost to a breakaway goal and missed a penalty. A major worry is Charlie's fitness. He has been excellent all season but he is clearly struggling with his injury which needs sorting out before it does further damage. We do have the prospect of Greg and Pat returning although they will need some games before they are back to peak match fitness.

Both are very good footballers and will help improve our passing game. Also Lawrence Yiga will eventually be able to return after his suspension.

In signing Bertie we are now going forward with the team rebuilding and we can look forward to watching improved performances.

I may be wrong or echoing comments that have already been made and that I missed, but does anyone else notice that the good results that I have seen, have all come when we keep the ball down on the ground and pass, and yes it has happened this season, normally after half time, but we still spend all our time lumping the ball up in the air, and with two small forwards just loose the ball again straight away. Do we need

A) A big striker to use as target man

or

B) some players in the middle with the confidence to hold the ball and look for the passes.

If this is already happening please forgive me, I have missed the last two home games but I am praying I make boxing day.