Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's a long way home to Licolnshire....

Graeme H

.... after that debacle.....

I'll start with the positives.

- Brayley is a good player to build a team round

- I cannot fault the players committment, and - Mr Tucker - I saw Kinnear today as well and he was just as animated/disappointed as he always is.

- The players were gutted at the end

- We created enough chances toi have won two games.

- Our support although understandably frustrated, was excellent.

However the fact remains that we were beaten by a poor side. If I had to say why, and please bear in mind this is the first game i have seen since Maldon in August, I would say these things struck me today.

- when you are shopping at the sales, you are genarally buying stuff no one wants. What I mean by this is that with our well documented probs at the start of the season we have had a frightening turnover of players. We have not on today's evidence gelled as a team. Some of the players are clearly not au fait with the Kinnear 532.

- and some are palpably not good enough on today's evidence. no team can carry players - I thought Taylor was awful, and Standen not far behind. How McGowen doesn't start over standen seems a mystery.

- Billy E has to play sweeper, with JK in midfield or nowhere. Billy is not a marking centre half.

- We need a big bustling guy up front. We are in fact lightweight all over the pitch. That is no surprise however, as big, fit players who are worst footballers, but better battlers, are often preferred at this level. Redbridge had a few of them today.

It was depressing today, and as I left the ground my main feeling was that we simply weren't good enough to beat the bottom team. We should have done on chances, but in the end individual mistakes cost us dearly.

As I walked past the changing rooms at the end I heard them celebrating like they had won the league. I would have paid good money to have heard CK after the game.

I said at the start of the year this was a season to consolidate, build and move forward from there. However after today I will worry about the dreaded R word. I still have faith in CK, but wonder if this even too much for him to sort out.

Let's hope not.

One of the positives was the return of Greg Oates who lasted the game very well indeed. It was disappointing for Sesay to be left out after his excellent run of form.

On balance with the number of goalscoring chances we created we could have run out the winners. Uncharacterisitically the defence let in three soft goals.

I am sure CK is trying to get a replacement

goalkeeper to help Charlie'e injury problem and the ever elusive striker who can score regularly

We also have the new signing added to the squad in the further development of the team.

The end result was a disappointment but we had created far more goalscoring chances in this game than most this season.

Why are people so obsessed with how animated a manager is? Using that logic Barry Fry is the greatest manager of all time.

Hollering from the dugout won't stop individual errors (like yesterday), in fact it may just make players more nervous. And some managers just do it to make them look good with the crowd.