Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC WImbledon programme

jkmaskell

I have contacted jkmaskell and the AFC Wimbledon fan who made the request and am willing to do the article. It was suggested that I include local perception of the club (AFC Wimbledon) so I would like you all to help:

What are your thoughts on AFC Wimbledon?

I will include your comments as part of the article (and no names will be included of those who made the comments). Hope you all are willing to say what you think! Thanks.

As someone who used to watch the proper Wimbledon in the old 4th Division when QPR were away from home (I lived in Sutton in those days) I do not like the way AFC have hijacked the history of a club.

IMO MK dons are the true Wimbledon and not AFC. After all Woolwich Arsenal moved from Woolwich to North London and have remained the same team even though the cultural divide is massive.

Teams moving location has always happened and will continue to do so. AFC are a brand new team that bear no relation to MK Dons and never will they have nothing to do with the team which played in Wimbledon for years. In fact AFC do not play in Wimbledon at all.

MFC Forever was the first person to pm me so Ive got no problems with him doing it (Sorry Michael, he got there first but cheers for the offer). I know JJ has said hes already sent it ahead of the game but Ive had no confirmation from him that its been received by AFC.

If someone else has already done one, such as JJ, then that is fine or if anyone would like to help or like to suggest what to include I am open to sorting things out. Please post here or PM me and I'll see what we can arrange, I'm willing to share! If I do end up writing it then I will post the article on here if possible after the game itself so that all can see the final version.

But to reiterate I'm willing to work with others, just let me know.

OK then. As it goes, Ive been told that they haveny received your article JJ. As you say its probably best for you to both sent something in and let AFC choose what goes in. Thanks everyone.

Update: Would we like a AFC fan to have an article for the home game's programme? Where should the fan send it?

To clarify what I will do, I will write a piece and send it off and as said AFC can choose the one they want.

So please continue posting your thoughts on AFC Wimbledon for me to include!

In answer to your question about an AFC fan writing a piece, I think there is a contact link on the Club Officials page for the programme editor who is probably the best person to ask.

UPDATE: Have just received an e-mail from the AFC Wimbledon fan who made the request:

Just to let you know that AFC Wimbledon have received (directly) an article which they intend to use in the Margate programme for our 'The Other View' page.

I assume this is JJ's but I do not mind at all! Thanks to all who made views of AFC, it was appreciated.

Yes, I am responsible for the 'Talking MFC' page, I enjoy doing it and hope it represents fans views. I like to see it as a roundup of news between home games, partly for those who dont see this forum and lack news on the club.

I would like any feedback on the column by those who have read it, how can it be improved? What would you like to see me write about in the future? I am glad GW that you liked it, may it continue to grow and develop!