Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team for today's game

mfc: webmaster

Agreed Cookie if it had gone it we would all be saying how great it was, but when he misses everyone moans, hindsight is great. I was disappointed when he missed but werent we all. He missed, but his overall game wasnt great yesterday and I said that after the game and the miss didnt come into it. I just felt he didnt really support Bertie enough when he was isolated and I could see Bertie saying to Yiga & Hilaire as much as Im saying about lack of support.

Cookie, the reason everybody shouted at him to pass to Oates is because Oates was out on the wing with no-one anywhere near him in an ideal position to cross into the box. Yiga decided to try and take a player on and had a feable shot. Apart from that I was quite impressed with Yiga in the first 30 minutes. Its all about confidence again.

But had his shot gone in he would have been a hero.No-one knows what would have happened had Oates recieved the ball.He could well have cocked up the cross also.If he shoots at goal when he sees it then that must be a good sign whether he misses or not. Better to be direct sometimes rather than fiddle about. I see what you are saying and get your drift but lets not put a player down for trying the direct approach. We should be encouraging this kind of play.

No I wasnt there JJ but I have seen enough of him over the years to know that my opinion of his shooting is merited.Every player from time to time can score from shooting at goal and can put some good crosses in but my point is that he would be my least expected to do the business in both, compared with some others in the squad.I never said he had "lost it" either though his pace has deteriorated over his time with us. However as a full back he is an asset with his experience and forethought so in that sense I am more than happy to see him in our squad.

Again differences of opinion. You have yours & I have mine.