Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gary Roberts

AFF

Former joint manager at The Mighty Saints and now at the helm at Cambridge City, Gary Roberts is linked with a move to a Ryman Premier League side in Essex according to the Cambridge message board.

A couple of years ago some wag suggested on here that Gary was en route to Braintree Town but was cruelly denied the prestige post when The Iron Secretary misunderstood the instructions of the, then new, Chairman Lee Harding and completed a contract with Graham Roberts in error. Whatever were those intentions, unfortunately, the ardour of travelling twice each week from his soccer school in Spain to take training and manage the side on match-days, a total of 2500 miles each week, proved too much for the former Spurs and England international, and the arrangement was somewhat short-lived. Roberts, [that's Graham] now has the managers job at Falkirk or somewhere in Scotland, adding approximately 2000 miles to his commute from the sun, presumably. That must be some expense account.

Anyway. Where was I?

Oh yes. Gary Roberts. To save you all rushing to look it up on the Cambridge board, it is suggested that he might be en route to Chelmsford.

If true, you heard it here first. If not, it's nothing to do with me.

Hello Peter, your memory must be fading.

That wag you were talking about was, of course, none other than your good self. That said, I did chuckle when I saw the story.

Our Graham is now at Clyde, where he recently master-minded the Scottish Cup demise of the mighty Celtic, before losing in the next round to Gretna!

As to young Gary, I too had heard your rumour, but from a different source.

• 1 month later...

You pr!ck Harding.

Re-read the first posting on here. "Gary Roberts is linked with a move to a Ryman Premier League side in Essex according to the Cambridge message board".

That's the FACT as you put it.

If you're looking for a manager at the Iron, I wouldn't imagine that Gary Roberts would want a repeat of his last experience with you.

Another quote from AFF:

"Oh yes. Gary Roberts. To save you all rushing to look it up on the Cambridge board, it is suggested that he might be en route to Chelmsford. If true, you heard it here first"

Nice to see the abusive language has made a return.

You would have made a real classy chairman!