Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quotes taken from Stockport [1-5] [6]

GHA EFM

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

No 11 (Kean) stood out for me as a potential 'danger man' becase he kept finding space and evading any marker. Mackail Smith may have been a handful if he'd been brought on earlier in that second half.

<hr></blockquote>

[Millwall and Cardiff] are a lot easier to handle

<hr></blockquote>

Of course all clubs have a mix of fans, but this lot seemed pretty unimaginative, foul mouthed and abusive to me. It reminded me of being in a football ground in the 70's. All we needed was a chant of "you're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" to complete the set.

But much worse than this, after many years of trying to get our daughter to pronounce "t's" in words, all she heard was 90 minutes of "Ci-y, Ci-y". In future I suggest that all visiting supporters should be given a basic elocution test before being granted entry to the ground (or should that be an electrocution test?!)

<hr></blockquote>

I think its pretty apparent from the relatively strong police presence at EP yesterday that some of our friends from "Darn Sarf" were in town to cause trouble at any opportunity, you can hardly therefore complain if they and the stewards respond in an uncompromising way. Give some people an inch and they will take a yard, i am sure that everyone would have been asked/encouraged to sit down many times before eventually being ejected.Remember that EP is frequently considered to be one of the safest grounds and much of the reasoning for this is down to the ability of the stewards to carry out their duties efficiently and adequately. I can assure you all that SCFC stewarding is considered to be of the highest quality by the FA, The Football League and the Football Licensing Authority, what causes confusion is that many local authorities do not demand the same degree of compliance and this is what irates fans most. You CANNOT blame SCFC or the STEWARDS for that.

<hr></blockquote>

you are not exactly in a position to mock us with that "[censored] ground no fans?" chant EP is a palace compared to yours, and the fact there was only 3,300 there is due to the weak oppostion we were playing!

<hr></blockquote>

More to be added on

If you came to EP every week you would know that the referee was of the usual standard, as was the stewarding.

Both are a waste of space, referees 99% of the time, stewards 99.9% of the time. I feel for the genuine stewards when they have to work with the jobsworth t*ssers that constitute some of the County's other stewards.

I didn't go the game but it doesnt surprise me to hear that the stewarding was cr*p, we've lost a decent fan in the Vernon because of a steward obviously with promotion and consequently a quota of fans to eject to meet come the season's end.

Pathetic, about time it was adressed, its probably the worst part of this club, the ticket office/catering doesn't even come close and they are useless at the best of times IMO.

Rant over.

<hr></blockquote>

i think u played very bravely n wen all ur playas were clapped n cheered off the pitch, it was thouroughly deserved, the playas all battled hard n i think they will have no problems with the current promotion campaign.

you are not exactly in a position to mock us with that "[censored] ground no fans?" chant EP is a palace compared to yours, and the fact there was only 3,300 there is due to the weak oppostion we were playing!

<hr></blockquote>

1. Has he/she ever been to Clarence Park

2. We got a bigger crowd (unofficially) than that against Boston United - two non-league teams - in the Trophy.

But much worse than this, after many years of trying to get our daughter to pronounce "t's" in words, all she heard was 90 minutes of "Ci-y, Ci-y". In future I suggest that all visiting supporters should be given a basic elocution test before being granted entry to the ground (or should that be an electrocution test?!)

<hr></blockquote>

This was my personal favourite. Someone trying to teach their daughter to speak correctly through her listening to songs being sung at a football match. When was the last time you heard that said in an English lesson?

'I want you all to bring in your permission slips for next week's visit to a football match children. We are going to hopefully try and learn what an oxymoron is. Of course, it all depends on what the fans are singing, and it is unlikely we will hear an oxymoron, let alone an idiom, but never mind. We might hear some swearing, but try not to listen. Hopefully over-zealous stewards will throw these horrible, horrible people out.'

The attempted use of humour at the end is great as well. We shouldn't let this fool of a man detract from the rest of the Stockport supporters, who I must say were a great bunch. Hopefully we'll see them again some time soon, in a cup, or more preferably, the league.

to be honest, i wasnt reely listenin 2 ur singin but watchin the match, from where i was sat tho, on the occasions wen i did hear u, u sound fine!

by the way, not all ppl up north say t'shop, i personally cannot stand it and its more likely 2 b heard in places like ashton and stalybridge! up urs!

as 4 u southern ppl, u dont exactly talk properly (even tho i shudnt say this cos mi mum is from hertfordshire!) u say ur words wiv 'r's, 4 example, carslte, arnty!

the point of this is, if ur gonna take the piss makesure ur accent is ok!