Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Freebie v's Common Sense

Doris Wanderer

I should be posting this on the Margate website, but some of their lads seem to have been leaving messages on our board frequently enough.

It's a simple thank you for the free grub we were given at the ground following the postponement.

A hotdog certainly made up for a 375 mile round trip with no match at the end of it.

Someone remembered to start cooking the bacon, burgers and hotdogs, but no one thought of holding an early pitch inspection.

Couldnt find a local referee to inspect. See...The Kent Football Association

Contact - Keith Masters, Kent FA, 69 Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent. ME4 6DT. Telephone - 01634 843824

Now I'm sure someone there could have found one?

The game did not need a referee to call the game off as the test balls of what i heard didnt bounce and the pitch was sqwelching under foot. I dont think all our refs we have are local i we have had some from all over the south-east. I hope you enjoyed your day out in sunny Margate and hope to see you all in a few weeks when the game is replayed.

Alex, if it was clearly that obvious, why was the decision made so late? Also, I think the point Doris is making, is why couldn't you get a local qualified referee to inspect the pitch. There are plenty of local referees who can carry out early pitch inspections for the club to pass judgement on it.

Quote:
Alex Tucker said:
The game did not need a referee to call the game off as the test balls of what i heard didnt bounce and the pitch was sqwelching under foot. I dont think all our refs we have are local i we have had some from all over the south-east. I hope you enjoyed your day out in sunny Margate and hope to see you all in a few weeks when the game is replayed.

Lets hope its NOT a midweek fixture.
Cant fixtures be rearranged so we play a local side midweek then travel to Margate on a Saturday for both financial reasons and players arriving home 1 00am with work the next day.

Quote:
Alex Tucker said:
To be honest i cannot understand why the club did not make the decision earlier as the pitch was under water Saturday morning.
there was never going to be a game then was there?

after we all treked over to margate to see no match.i'f id have know id have gone down the pub to watch chelsea.

Don't worry Alex the people who got the train had a good day out on the beach and we didn't even get free food. Got to learn to make the best out of bad things!

Although i do agree they should of got a local ref in but it's no point moaning now they are hardly gonna be able to do anything about it!