Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lawrence Yiga

Miller

IVE JUST GOT BACK FROM TRAINING WITH THE FIRST TEAM IN LONDON AND YIGA WAS ON

FIRE VERY FIT,AND VERY FAST,STILL A QUESTION MARK ON JJ HE HAS GOT A PROBLEM WITH A TENDON IN HIS FOOT BUT HAD A GOOD TRAINING SESSION. CHARLIES GOT A GROIN STRAIN .HOCKTON LOOKS VERY FIT NO PROBLEM THERE,PINNS A BIT SLOW TONITE I THOUGHT,DENO VERY LOUD AND UP FOR IT,PROVERS WINDING EVERYBODY UP AND FUNNY WITH IT NO PROBLEM THERE.HAD A GOOD CHAT WITH FLANNIGAN, SAYING NOW WE HAVE GOT A TRAINING GROUND SORTED OUT FINALLY WE CAN START GETTING THIS SHOW BACK ON THE ROAD AS THE FITNESS AND TRAINING WAS SUFFERING DUE TO THE LACK OF VENUES.I MUST SAY WATCHING FLANNERS TONITE HE IS SUCH A HARD TASK MASTER, AND HE KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS AND HOW AND WHEN, TOP CLASS.I THINK TROTTYS GOT A KNOCK HE WASNT TRAINING TO MUCH JUST LITE RUNNING WITH JJ.NICK BAGLEY LOOKS VERY GOOD ALERT AND QUICK.OH AND SCS HAD A TOOTH ACHE.ALL IN ALL WE LOOK IN GOOD SHAPE FOR WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY

[color:"blue"]The main problem with Lawrence is we insist on playing him on the wing, and he isn't a winger. He's a central front runner. When he was switched to the centre as a target man at Whitstable he scored. Likewise at Heybridge he struggled on the wing, but when switched to the centre he looked more the part.

My critism of him is that he's too lightweight (literally) and could do with working out to develop his frame, that way he'd be more intimidating as a forward.

I'm with John Kirby on this one. Given a chance Yiga could do well. Got to be a yes man for Trotty-once you're out of favour that's yer lot-no second chance. Don't agree with this rod of iron style mangement myself-already this season we're missing a lot of talent ( just count 'em up-all up and coming young players with promise ).

Yiga played up front in the centre for the reserves on saturday and didn't look interested.

He certainly didn't overdo the running around side of things.

On that form he doesn't have a snowballs chance of making the 1st team.

Sesay did do some running about but looked rusty.

He should come on for a few more games under his belt.

After Saturdays performance Tony, Sesay needs to get fit( had trouble putting one foot in front of the other) before he as any chance of a regular game. Lawrence needs to loose the cool dude image and be more aggressive in going in on chances.

I would play Yiga tomorrow with a promise of a first team start on Saturday if he does well! I am not wild about Yiga but if he is "on-fire" and wants his place he HAS to take the opportunity and play. I agree he is no winger and Trotty should look to play to his strengths!

Oh for Yiga to have been let loose as the game was dying last Saturday!

Abdullah the Gate!

I think the problem with Sesay is his agent, he has made sesay feel that he is to good for Margate, and I feel that he is just seeing out his contract to move to better things.

This will backfire as is attitude stinks, not turning up for training, no commitment. I used to highly rate him and agreed with CK that he should be wrapped in cotton wool and sold to earn some money for the club. But looks like his attitude made bad impressions on the clubs that were interested and now we are stuck with someone who isn't good enough

You may well be right, but we do not know the facts to be fair.

There may have been a few personal matters that he needed to sort.The guy is only 18 in fairness.

i think we all had slightly different attitudes at that age.

I don't rate him as highly as some as a footballer, but as a guy of 18,who is a part time footballer-not a Wayne Rooney- just the same maybe we should be embracing and encouraging him

Did i not also read previously that he was 'furthering his education'( that of course can hide a multitude of sins,but at 18 who can blame him )

if you reckon LY is on fire Abdullah, then i would micro wave the sheep's eyes and goats brains after you take them out of the clay oven which is using Ly's heat to cook them.

I have always liked LY, because he offers something different, he looks very ungainly and causes all sorts of problems with defenders, because you cannot predict what he will do. But he is never a winger, and I do not think we have seen him play at his best. I also do not think you can fault his attitude, was put on the transfer list but never gave up trying to win back a place, going to training, playing a part in the reserves, and doing all the right things.

Like him or not, you have to admire him for that.

I also met Yigas agent Geebee, seemed an okay guy

no nonsense.

When Yiga joined the gate I liked him, then we had the threat of him moving on and he was signed, from that day on he hasn't been as good

Must admit his agent did him proud, and did his job as it should had been done. More money for the player. As someone else said he has to maximise his income as does everyone

Quote:
blueblood said:
if you reckon LY is on fire Abdullah, then i would micro wave the sheep's eyes and goats brains after you take them out of the clay oven which is using Ly's heat to cook them.

Ah, blueblood, my favourites! Put a bit of pitta bread round them and whoa!

As for Yiga I stand by my comment that I would have liked to have had the likes of him coming on last Saturday when we were lacklustre in front of goal. By all accounts Dolton did sterling work and there were a lot of corners. To have had the awkward Yiga there in the mix may have converted some of those chances.

And if he is trying hard to get back in the team then that current enthusiasm may be just what we need - even if it is only as a sub. You don't win games if you do not score! And you can't score if you don't get the chance!

Abdullah Kebab!

Be it Yiga or Holden, i think the point is that as MF suggests, we do need to be able to offer something different up front if DH and/or Pinns have not done the business and got us 2 goals up by half time.

The fact is that if DH does not score, we rarely win, and have no alternative option;and no criticism implied of DH, but he can't be expected to 'do it ' every game.

A 'big guy' such as Yiga or Holden (or as i would have wished-Remy-when we had the opportunity before Folkestone) will always give the opposition more to think about than a lightweight winger type player