Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

OH, Those Grapes Can Be Sour!!

mal316

I would like to say the report is a little out of spirit with the whole day.

I thought the game was played in a good spirit with few moments of animosity or genuinely nasty challenges.

I though the ref did well not to make stupid bookings for both teams and this reflected the spirit in which the game was played.

It was great to see travelling fans who enjoyed a sing song, a great deal of respect goes to them (something more common in the Ryman than the Southern League I believe)

Hampton are the best team we have had visit Stag Meadow this season and they could have won. But if we had lost by an odd goal or two we would have thought we could win as well.

It is sad that now having won three games in the Trophy, two against opposition in the higher leagues all three teams seem to think we are average and probably shouldn't have won. Well 8 goals for and two against in 3 games is not normally the mark of an average team, this is reflected in our recent run of games and league position.

I hope our next round opposition take note of their premier side's comments and take it for granted they will beat us, because I think they will find us a much harder team than these previous scalps believe.

Oh, and what a great sense of humour the headliner writer on they web site has, surpised they haven't had loads of complaints from liberals about the overuse of the word 'Beaver'!!

UTR

he's right on one point in the report though...

"In the 20th minute Harris was brought down from behind by Craig Vargas, it was either a penalty or at worst a corner, but no, it was a goal kick! "

I'd only just arrived so I was still close to the away end and saw this. I thought Vargas got to the ball first, so it should have been a corner.

But if he didn't reach the ball then he definitely took the player out, so that's a penalty...

But a lucky win is still a win. And it was way more than just luck that Mazza made all those saves...

I agree that hampton were a good team, but please don't take away the fact that in the first half we limited them to very few chances and they did the same to us. The second half saw the game open up , but it was not all one way traffic, we had our chances, and the keeper had to make saves to keep Hampton in it. The review makes it seem that Windsor never got the ball out of the 18 yard box and were lucky to even see the other end of the pitch. At 1-0 they came at us in waves and we hot them on the break, but to day they had 80% of the play and our keeper was a lucky clown is merely covering up the fact they had two of the best strikers in the league and failed to score against what was the leakiest defence in the league.

I think a little more dignity and respect could be shown by a club that has been knocked out by a well performing side very much on the up.

Bring on the Linnets and lets be 'LUCKY' for the fourth time in this cup!!!!