Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Signings?

I think when we get all our injuries resolved we will have quite a big squad so there's no immediate rush and quite frankly, it's important to get players that are going to add value to the personnel. Having said that we do need at least a goalkeeper.

Makes sense why Wright kept playing after we had the league wrapped up. Dion is very capable of stepping up as number 1 if he stays. Just need a number 2 to challenge him. Wright has been brilliant  for us but I’m not too worried with Dion there. You do lose the shithousery now with both Parcell and Wright gone and every team needs one! 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Riversideman said:

Still no news! Aveley have announced players staying new signings hope we haven’t missed the boat!

There’s no missing the boat. The management team and board know what they are doing, we have made signings which are to be announced. Fans just need to be patient…..

Don't think we were particularly quick off the mark last season but it turned out to be okay :)

To be honest, the more I understand about the running of a football club, the more difficult it seems to be. Don't think I've appreciated that so much in the past.

Jon Smiths comments from  we are fantastico, was very informative and explains a lot.

July is when player registrations can be formerly submitted. Every season we see clubs at this time saying they have retained players or signed new ones. When registration officially opens they are often embarrassed because players sign for some other club, despite what they may say now. Sensible clubs announce these things when they can actually sign players on. Not before.

53 minutes ago, Phil 1986 said:

Just like buses - 3 very impressive signings today!

Was tempted to use the bus analogy myself but this is more akin to four mack trucks!

Fans of their previous clubs rate them all very highly so looks very promising indeed.