Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Paper

BlueGate Alan

Trotty states in today's paper that he believes his team is the best in the Ryman Premier and barring a bad run with injuries he cant see them suffering another blip like the one when we went 5 games without a win.

He still says he is on the lookout for a new defender with Pat Sappleton still top of his list. He is still talking to him but he is currently on trial at Wycombe but if he could get him he would unless someone else decent came along and he would get them instead.

Thought our exiled supporters would like to know.

Thanks for the info.

Sort of good news, but equally have a slight concern that RT may be suffering a bit from inexperience/lack of connections.

Its alright going after Sappleton ,and yes we would love him at the 'Gate, but is there really a Plan B.-going after someone else is somewhat vague and 'promised land'.

Sappleton has only in the last two weeks become vaguely available again-RT did not find anyone in the intervening 2 months that he was at Crawley ,which possibly implies that Rt does not have an alternative.

Sometimes you have to 'make things happen' and aggresively go after alternatives-make 7 day approaches.

Frankly- i don't see Sappleton signing for us-if he was going to -he would have done so by now;and if Wycombe do not take him-someone else from the conference or most likely conf. south will.

AS it was,Sappleton was good-but not that special anyway.

As ever, i hope i'm completely wrong on this one !!(watch him line up tonight now !!)

But Sappleton hasnt wanted to stay here(twice) & I would question his motives if he eventually DID come here.Despite Trottys high regard of him would it be in the clubs best interests to have a player with no heart in the club but merely with a need to up his bank balance.I cant see the club having the cash available to pay his wages anyway.We'll see how this pans out & what may or may not come of it.