Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GREAT TO SEE

ANGLE

Margate Ramsgate,and Dover going so well,the one factor that really is important to me is the amount of local home grown players that are getting opportunities to show there worth.This will send a clear message to all who wish to succeed,and can can only do the community much good indeed,well done Robin and the lads a truly great result last night,whatch it though there gonna be gunning for now.

Weird thing is is that we are now introducing locals to the squad & Ramsgate are now looking for outsiders to join their ranks.They are learning fast but then maybe so are we.Maybe we were too hasty to put down their previous policy of having a "local pub team" to some extent.

Mind you a whole team of local youngsters wouldn't work in my opinion & is probably going just that little TOO far.Wardie can now see that,though to be fair to Ramsgate it has worked for them thus far but from now on the two squads seem now not to be as many miles apart as was with the mix of londoners/non-locals & local players/youngsters.

Its going to be an interesting season yet to come & to see the final mixture tally amongst both squads.

I'm not sure Margate can be compared to Rams just yet in terms of using local talent, although they have used a few locals.

Jim Ward seems to base his team on locals then fits other players in, Trott bases his team on other players then fits youngsters around them- neither is incorrect as the table shows, although I guess Ramsgate chairman is getting more value for money.

Watching last night there were still players up there I was watching in the Kent league days.

Olly Schulz, Liam Morris, James Gregory, Warren Schulz, Simon Pettit, Mark Munday, Stuart Vahid, Mo Takaloo, Gavin Schulz.

They have all played for Sunday morning teams at one stage or another.

What local lads played for Gate last night?

lewis smith was the only one who played last night for Margate . Most of the Ramsgate lads you mentioned who played last night came through the Margate Youth section a few years ago but Chris c never gave them a chance, The wards cant take credit for the Rams bringing them in, it was Mark weaths and Steve Moore when they left Margate and joined Ramsgate brought them over. Wardy just took them over and kept them when he came back from Maidstone. Now with Weaths and moore back at Margate I think you will see a good supply of local talent getting a chance at least for the reserves and Trotty will give them a chance to step up once ready. Its up to the supporters to get behind these young lads and not keep slatting then evertyime they have 1 bad game as has happened this season. So far this year we have had Lewis Smith, Dan Dolton, Aaron Robinson, Nick Baggley, Scott Holden, and danny Wisker all come up from the reserves and all but Aaron and Scott are still signed with the first team. That needs to be applauded. Well done Mark weatherley Steve Moore and The rest of the Margate Caoching staff.

Beg to differ Liam Morris and olly shorts came over with Moore u18s olly at Margate from u11s Warren and Gavin followed played at margate reserves with weaths as did Mo. Take a look back when Jim came back and see who was already at the club (and I meen local lads)

Maybe you are right then....still they didn't get a chance or they would not have signed for Rams?

Anyway great to see such competition in Thanet....the only problem I can see is the sustainability at Rams, the gates are pretty low compared to yours.

Now it's not a problem until the good local players dry up or current ones move on, to replace Olly Schulz and others with players of their ability who wont struggle at this level, from outside the area would cost a fortune.

I hope the team is not out running the club, it takes time to build a good fan base.

Any predictions for Boxing day? I reckon 1000 from each side of island!

The Ramsgate Youth section is now in full swing and there are some good players in the u18s ready for next year and beyond. I think the team can be made up with mainly locals with just a few quality players being brought in from outside. What you see with local lads is I think they will dig in deep for their home team.