Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another theory?

Number6

Our record in home midweek games is not too good as we all know. A friend suggested to me that this could be that so many of our players have to travel so far to these home games after work. And would really rather be playing much closer to home (somewhere like Bromley perhaps)

I think he maybe right as i guess some player would hardly have time to eat properly etc and travelling from London to Margate in the rush hour is not exactly ideal preparation for a match.

I note Ramsgate seem to have a much better record in their midweek games. Maybe the answer is to give more of the local players coming through a game midweek?

I also think that perhaps the night should be changed from Tuesdays to Mondays as i think the crowds might be better as there would no champions league games to compete with.

The problem with playing on Monday, number6, is if they are tired travelling from London on a Tuesday wouldn't they be even more tired travelling from London on a Monday after only one days rest from the Saturday.

Quote:
margateshot said:
The problem with playing on Monday, number6, is if they are tired travelling from London on a Tuesday wouldn't they be even more tired travelling from London on a Monday after only one days rest from the Saturday.

Apologies if i didnt make my post clear.
But the two points were not supposed to be that closely related.

The Monday night point was more relating to the point of trying to get bigger crowds.

And the being tired travelling from London in the rush hour was a point to why our midweek home games dont seem to be going that well for us.
I think sometimes fans overlook the fact that the players all have jobs and that they have to travel a considerable distance for home games. And maybe just maybe it effcts them more for midweek games.And it might be a good idea to give some of the more local players a chance in those games.