Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Important Upgrade Information... Cut off point for posts...

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1061790/

Please read the above thread - login to the new forums, and pass comments back on the above thread. You can post anything on the new forums, but all posts will be wiped upon the final import, which will take 9-12 hours.

I get some 10-20 attempts by spammers to sign up to these forums every day - this is a constant battle - as this software is now EOL (end of line), I really need to upgrade to the latest version, to keep fighting these idiots!

I say upgrade, but it is almost the equivalent to starting again with new software as the back end has been completely re-written.

As it is in effect new software, I have to rewrite a lot of the features, and customise others. Sadly I can't do this overnight. The current software has been almost stagnant for a year or so, so an upgrade is urgently required. I am also aware that change is not always liked by some people (including me) but we need to keep moving forward...

Please bear with me as I develop the next stage of Fans Focus.

Hi,

Message dated Sunday (Christmas Eve) @ 10pm.

I will shortly be grabbing the latest copy of the database here (which is rather large).

I will then be importing it into the latest version of the new software - if this goes well then this will become the live version.

The import takes 9-12 hours - and so will be done sometime Christmas Morning. I will then configure all the various forums etc. I should be able to turn on the new software around 10 - 12noon Christmas Morning.

As a result any posts made after 10pm Christmas eve will NOT appear on the new site.

If you are planning to post - then please repeat your post on the new forums in the morning.

HOWEVER - I can't be 100% sure that I will be happy with the import - if that is the case the final import will be delayed and and posts made after the cut-off will remain valid.

Essentially as the import takes so long - I would rather keep the forums here up and running, even if that means that new posts will not be moved over.

Any questions, please ask in the thread referenced in the posts above.

Thank you for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Ian_W
Hi,

You could always start a new post in this forum wink

Anyway - the answer is asap - I have very limited connection at the moment - but willdo it as soon as I can smile Sorry for the dealy.

Is that KAT DEALY, Ian ???