Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SML 2006/07 Players of the Season - A fans view?

Well i might be biased cos i train him but our new young goalkeeper at Colney, Tom Blackman, has come in and done really well. I know he looks like Peter Crouch but he gets down well for a tall lad and his handling is exceptional!!

Having Played with Standen for many years Mr F i can safely say this season was the worst he's played which is ironic seeing as where he's ended up!! A couple of seasons ago he could jump higher and was 2 yards quicker!!

From memory, if you're looking for forwards outside Hertford and Edgeware. You can't knock Swaysland's goals for an average team; Chalfont had some decent wingers and Langford had a left footed guy who smashed a volley in from 30 yards and ran the show against us.

Greg Deacon who plays for us will definitely think he should be in the squad always telling us he should play higher!!

I once again bring to you the worldly wise wisdom I have gained this season. Although many of the goal keepers you have mentioned have their merit they still don't come close to Hertford Town's Mark Virgo.

In the few times I have seen him play this season he has been instrumental in some of their victories with crucial and outstanding goalkeeping.

The Guru

I have to agree, Virgs has been in very good consistent form this season which he carried over from an excellent campaign last year in Ryman Two.

(Plus he's an old buddy so got to help him out!!!)

Both Mark Virgo and Rob Blackbourne would certainly make my squad...although rob has been forced out of the side in recent months...Although alot of players have stood out here and there this season i really do believe an un biased team for the SML would be made up of players from the 3 top teams they have been head and shoulders above the rest

I too would nominate Stuart Cunningham he was particularly good against Hertford in the 2-2 draw silencing Redford with aplomb add to that the misfortune of losing his father unexpectedly during the season and playing throughout is near on heroic in my book.

I will go for

Morton from edgware best centre mid in the league.

Redford Hertford not only does he score goals he dont stop running all game.

Edwards V&E

Scott Neilson scored goals from midfield and has now proved himself at higher league with ware

Originally Posted By: blues06
I agree about HTFC1. The poor fella had me NF and judgo in defence at times last season and he still kept us in a lot of games!

That was one of the most stressful few weeks I've ever had in footie!!!