Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fred The Bugle

I have only just heard and i am absolutely gutted!

Fred was a legend and i have never really not noticed him at the club except for when he had his operation a few years ago.

His off-key tunes were so bad they were funny to me and i always laughed when i heard him. He knew we were all laughing but he carried on regardless and that shows true character and he was such a face at the club.

Its gonna be really weird not hearing him and seeing him anymore and i think we must make as much noise as we possibly can on Saturday and make sure we give the boys enough support over the next few weeks so they can get the play-off place and then promotion as a tribute to Fred.

Rest In Peace Fred!

Very sad to hear of Fred's passing, I'm sure he's up there teaching those harp players the Great Escape theme.

Saturday's minute's noise should reach the heavens and let Fred know we're still acknowledging his presence in spirit.

RIP Fred.

To my famous uncle Fred

The night the angels took you to live with them above,

the world we live in down below lost someone truly loved.

To the best "Father Christmas" on The Republic of Canvey Island!!

With Love

Stacy & Andy

xxx

(Fred's niece)

I am glad we are not having a minutes silence, that would be sad, and not appropriate, we must have at least 5 drums, lets use them all to raise some noise to say goodbye to a nice man and a loyal fellow supporter.

Even those like me that did not know him well, will miss his kind face and shiney trumpet.

Many times on a cold wet winters night the sound of Fred warmed the spirit of a fellow Canvey supporter, when we had travelled miles in the rain to some crap hole at the back of beyond, there was something reassuring about that sound that Fred made.

It will be missed!

MOB

Originally Posted By: Numberoneson
Would it be possible to play "The Great Escape" over the clubs tannoy system, then everybody could join in drums and all, he would really like that!
Steve Abbott

if this is what you want then i can do that. are you going to be there on saturday?

if you, or your family, want any messages read out then email me: chaz@2187aircadets.org and i will see what i can get done.

Can I also add that the family don't want flowers from other than close family.

We would much rather a donation was made to Macmillan nurses or Elizabeth Lowry ward at Southend Hospital. They both gave him such excellent care since he was diagnosed and throughout his fight with the big C. We want Fred's death to be a focal point for supporting others who might have to go through this terrible illness.

Just a quick note about today's very noisy tribute. OUTSTANDING.

A number of family stood outside the ground in Park Lane so we could hear it and it was amazing. None of us had a dry eye and we would like to thank you all for what was without a doubt the kind of tribute Fred would have appreciated. I am sure he was looking down on it with the biggest of smiles.

So thanks to you all for your kindness

We've been to our first Canvey game today Fred would be proud!

The noise at the start of the game was amazing.

Even the man behind us 'TRYING' to play a bugle was not to bad!!

All around us we could hear people talking about Fred he's definetly made a mark on Canvey!!!

Stacy & Andy xx

Fred was there today looking down on us. We thought we had lost until Wally's last gasp equaliser. An emotional day for all involved.