Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AWK will like this one

All Luton fans know that KR is a hole, made even worst by being in Bury Park, but the amount of away fans that loved it in the Championship was amazing! I think should we ever get a new ground that a lot of fans will miss the atmosphere of KR, especially if we are in a ground we rarely fill, but then I always feel that clubs like Millwall are missing a trick when it comes to getting supporters through the gates, if MK Dons can get so "many" from having no fans then why are Millwall, Stoke etc playing in half full stadiums? Thats the worry for me, ridiculous high prices when teams can't even fill their stadiums, ok if its a sell out week in week out then supply and demand kicks in and knocks the prices up, but some (most actually) charge far more than what is sustainable.

Here's a few more pics for you Gavin:

edgware1.jpg

edgware2.jpg

edgware3.jpg

millwall1.jpg

millwall2-1.jpg

millwall3.jpg

AWK, i was quite surprised when i visited Welling. Squashed in.... Good old fashioned ground....

Let's take Charlton as an example of getting bums on seats/into grounds. They lay on coaches for fans from out of the area. I remember the Gills Chairman getting the right hump about it!

I remember that Gillingham wasn't best pleased with Charlton and kicked up quite a fuss. To be fair to Charlton it is refreshing to see a team try and get fans in, most clubs do very little to entice their fans through the turnstiles, let alone attract new fans.

HTFCew, its on http://maps.live.com/ with Millwall, Edgware and Bedford I used the birds eye view mode which is stunning.

I thought Gillingham had a chance at a decent future a few seasons ago, I remember when they went up, their chairman was sorting their ground out, getting a decent team together and generally going in the right direction. Things have gone wrong for them over the last couple of seasons but it would have been interesting if they had stayed in the Championship and come up against Charlton next season, at the very least they should have sold their ground out!

My only interest in Charlton is that 'the great one' used to be chief cook and bottle washer there, he's almost certain to be there on Friday by the way which will hopefully entice more members along. It's a shame AWK can't come as he wouldn't need to buy a drink all night particularly being his birthday.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: AWK

And Sheffield Wednesdays team photo:

sheffwed.jpg

No, surely that's "The Waders" in their new away kit?

• 5 months later...

AWK - This might be just up your street from another's Forum under a thread in the General section headed 'Grounds That Don't Exist', the link below may not actually work but I know you access Ton'y site quite frequently. I'm sure one or two of our 'older' members such as Wader and Football Man have been to Bedford Town's old ground:

Bedford Town's old ground (the original Eyrie) in Ford End Road has disappeared under a storage and distribution depot for Charles Wells brewery but a small part still survives. At the Ford End Road end, the terrace roof still stands, bricked in at the front to make a shed but its origins unmistakeable – curved, corrugated iron.

Picture from Google maps (the grey structure running diagonally across the middle):

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=bedford&ie=UTF8&ll=52.130814,-0.483415&spn=0.001139,0.002473&t=k&z=19&om=1