Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AWK will like this one

Sounds great Lato, do you have any problems getting tickets and is it relatively trouble free? I know I would fancy seeing Internationals on foreign grounds but by what I've heard following England is more trouble than its worth.

Here is a ground I like in Russia:

The pitch seems to be built on the top level:

Petrovskiy_A4.jpg

The floodlights dwarf the ones you get in England, in fact a lot of foreign countries have far more impressive floodlights:

Petrovskiy4.jpg

And the picture from outside the ground-fantastic, no wonder the pitch is so high up, they probably worry about it flooding!!!

Petrovskiy_A5.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
Better ask Rhodes for his Tom Tom laugh

Don't you mean Eagles1981, perhaps AWK should post some pics of Cranfield United, Stony Stratford Town, Buckingham Athletic and Winslow United for his benefit.

It does seem weird when you quote them grounds as they are from the area I'm from Rhodes! I would say if they can find their way around London then they won't have much to worry about when it comes to the teams you have mentioned, most of the traveling will be done on the M1 anyway.

Just one thing though Eagles1981 if you do go to Brache Sparta, DON'T follow the map on the Kentish Town site!!

looks great, where is it Volgograd?

No we've never had trouble getting tickets at games. Some of the guys I travel with know people at PZPN (the Polish FA) and we've always managed to get tickets...so far! Its likely to get harder though especially in the run up to Euro2012. There can be a bit of trouble but generally its between the Polaks as the club hools take on each other. One of the funniest and scariest things I saw was at Cardiff when Legia Warsaw fans took on Wisla Krakow fans in the Polish end. The local Cardiff hardnuts thought it would be fun to get involved and jumped over the segragation fences to get a piece of the action. The Polaks promptly stopped beating the cr*p out of each other, all turned on the Welsh fans kicked then back over the fences then went back to fighting each other.

Generally though its a great atmosphere especially in Polish home games. See if you can find pictures of the new Korona Kielce ground as the game there v Armenia was fantastic.

The ground is FC Zenit Saint Petersburg Lato. Their ground has its own site which has a great home page but unfortunately the English version of it isn't online yet http://www.petrovsky.spb.ru/

I know Poland have a reputation for fighting so wondered if you had problems, I know a few people that have followed England and have said never again. Hopefully as you have been going it will give you a greater chance of getting tickets as the finals approach, its the only fair way to do it really.

Korona Kielce:

Miejski_Kielce.jpeg

Miejski_Kielce3.jpeg

Miejski_Kielce_A.jpeg

fantastic stuff AWK and thanks for the Kielce pictures. Despite it being brand new its not being proposed for Euro2012 as new grounds are being built. And do they need to as the Legia Warsaw stadium is a disgrace.

See if you can get any pictures of the ground of WIT Georgia Tiblisi, Georgian champions of 2004, that really is a hell hole or at least the picture I have seen of it is. It doesn't look fit for football at SSML level.

I see that the Polish grounds for 2012 are all new or being refurbished, they all are planned to have a bigger capacity than Kielce which I presume would have been the deciding factor.

The Shevardeni Stadium only holds 4,000 and to be honest I'd put The 61 FC's ground up against it!

WIT_01.jpg

Lato - You must be like a pig in muck and I'd say you owe AWK a good drink.

AWK - I said I would ask if you could post some photographs of Portuguese grounds for the benefit of our Portuguses friend Eagles1981, would you mind doing so when you get a moment. Do you happen to know if Benfica and Sporting Lisbon groundshare, I'm pretty sure Sporting have their own ground on the other side of the City.

Originally Posted By: AWK
Here is a ground that Rhodes will be familiar with, Ashton Gate:

AWK - Great pics but have you been checking up on me, I don't remember me telling you that I used to follow Bristol City.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: AWK
Here is a ground that Rhodes will be familiar with, Ashton Gate:

AWK - Great pics but have you been checking up on me, I don't remember me telling you that I used to follow Bristol City.

You said on here that you followed them for a while, a friend (or was it two) of yours played for them.

Eagles1981 - No I am not hoping and genuinely wish you all the best for next season however I am not convinced that you know what you are letting yourself in for where the travelling is concerned, like I keep saying Cranfield is not Neasden and Stony Stratford is not Willesden.

AWK - How about a pic of Braemer Road just to make Greg Dyke's day.