Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Urchin

tragic events in portugal...

No, it is absolutely correct. To leave three (very) small children alone and unattended is outrageous and these neglectful parents are just as guilty as the person(s) that abducted the girl (assuming that was the case). Anything could have happened, if not kidnapping, perhaps a fire, they could have tried to tamper with cookers, fires, heaters etc, become ill, woken up in distress (if not drugged...), an older child could have injured the younger, anything.

To leave such young children unsupervised is incredible. They really should be charged.

Everyone is entitled to make one mistake in their lives, don't you think Kate and Gerry know that and they will have to live with it for the rest of their lives, to brand them as guilty as Maddie's abductor and say they should be charged is out of order

why is it harsh,if you have children you are 100% responsible for your actions while they are growing up.100% of the time you have to give complete devotion to them.Parents that don't innevitably end up bad parents or losing their kids as has happened in this case.

They should both be banged up for child neglect,they are scum

I can't believe that this is the general concensus of everyone on here, okay Kate and Gerry obviously shouldn't have done what they did but they probably never imagined in a million years that someone would abduct one of their children from their hotel room whilst on holiday in a quiet Portuguese town. Anyway didn't the other seven of the so called 'Tapas Nine' also leave their children at the hotel, are they scum too and should they be banged up for child neglect.

yep indeed,also why are the mccanns not bothering with a re construction like every other parent would insist on,is it because they have something to hide or are they scared that the portuguese police might actually bang them up like they deserve on their return to portugal.Shame our police and criminal law don't take the same stance.

Urchin Mentalist - What good would a re-construction do, what's the point

re constructions are proved to jog peoples memory and time and time again they have.People think they have not seen anything but when they see the reconstruction invariably even the smallest thing can jog someones memory.Apparantly the mccanns have said they didn't want to do a reconstruction because it would only be using actors(who look like them) and not them,which just about sums up the publicity crazed pair

I don't think that after a year a re-construction is going to achieve much or be particularly helpful, anyway an eye witness said she already saw someone carrying Maddie away so she was obviously abducted, end of, and is hopefully still alive somewhere. I also think that just because the McCann's, in particular Kate, never show much emotion they are automatically suspected of having something to do with Maddie's disappearance which is ridiculous and shows what sort of sick society we live in today.

an eye witness has seen someone carrying a child away,not maddie,that is not confirmed.

A holiday resort has many kids,mainly ones whose parents stay with their kids 24/7,what is to say there was another kid being carried by her father as kids that age don't particularly like walking all the time,especially that time of night,Still dodgy in my opinion.

Carrying a kid away in the same pajamas Maddie was wearing hidden under their coat at about 9.45 that night, you're right that hasn't been confirmed by the incompetent Portuguese Police.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Everyone is entitled to make one mistake in their lives, don't you think Kate and Gerry know that and they will have to live with it for the rest of their lives, to brand them as guilty as Maddie's abductor and say they should be charged is out of order

Mental is right, they were negligent. Rhodes, you say that they are entitled to make one mistake, a) who says they are? B) Who says it's their first mistake? I'd bet my house that they have left the kids alone before and it's possible even, that they were watched and known for this, which makes them contributary to the crime in my eyes!

Of course I'm not saying that the McCann's actions were right and they were neglectful on that night a year ago in leaving their children alone but don't you think they know that and have paid the ultimate price without having to suffer further. What they had to put up with in Portugal with all that finger pointing and bad feeling whilst they were waiting for news on Maddie was shocking and then to be labelled as suspects by the Portuguese Police who were simply using the McCann's as scapegoats in order to hide their own failings and incompetence was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The point is that they did not make a 'mistake'. They deliberately, knowingly and consciously elected to leave three small children alone and unattended. I understand (but stand to be corrected) that this was not the first time they had done so.

I can see that I'm not going to win on this one but still feel you are all being a little too harsh on the McCanns who, at the end of the day, have lost a lovely daughter and who it's looking more and more unlikely they will never see again. What must make it even worse for them is that they are being hung drawn and quartered or it.

at the end of the day if she wasnt left on her own maddie would still be a live or with her parents today. The Parents have a 100% responsabilty with their kids until they are 18 years old so i agree with mentalist and should be prosecuted.

The mccanns make me sick, middle class pompus pr1cks who without a doubt are so quilty of neglect, and in my opinion much much more. When the story 1st broke in the news, it was stated that a single mother had left a child home alone and all the papers were ready to hang, then it was found to be the mccanns and the next thing, its only over the road and blah blah. To get to there apartment you had to cross a swimming pool and jump a wall and they make me sick. My boys are 7 & 9 and they dont get left ever unless its with a responsible ADULT. Thay are Ce U Next Tuesday S

Originally Posted By: The Gaffer from the Rock
Thay are Ce U Next Tuesday S

Well you can't make your feelings plainer than that and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'll be interested to know whether you felt the same way about Sarah Payne's parents when she went missing. They also let Sarah out of their sight, albeit for a much shorter period, whilst she ran on ahead of them however in that time she was grabbed, thrown into a van, driven away and subsequently killed.

sarah was playing with her brother like many kids do all over the world.

Madelaine was left in a house on her own with two younger kids while her parents went out lording it up.There is a world of difference.

Sarah payne was playing a few hundred yards away from her parents who knew where she was and were checking her every few minutes which at times is the best you can do as you need to give kids some space but madeline was left unattended for hours in an apartment

Taking the subject to a different place how sad is it that we discuss the wrong doings or not of the parents when discussing the abduction and possible abuse then murder of a small child?

No matter how many hundreds of thousands of years ago man crept from the slime there are certain behavior patterns where he has clearly yet to emerge from that slime

For many years parents on holiday in "resorts" have entrusted "chalet" patrols to ensure their children are safe whilst they have a night out, Dad may well also pop back now and again but we are kidding ourselves if we fail to recognize that thousands of parents do exactly the same

The real problem mankind has failed to come to terms with is pedophilia, castration chemical or surgical, death penalty or what? How do we spot the potential pedophiles and deal with the problem at source before children are attacked?