Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Striker James Baker

Hatboy

Braintree striker James Baker has been given permission to talk to us and Crawley even though they turned down 3,000 pounds from Havant for him !

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=43626

He was 1 of 3 trialists playing for us on Sunday: http://www.hertsad.co.uk/content/herts/sport/story.aspx?brand=HADOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sporthadnew&itemid=WEED16%20Jul%202007%2013%3A39%3A32%3A040

Would be a decent signing if you can get him.

Braintree have now turned down a 4,000 pound bid from Havant, taken from Braintrees website.

INCREASED BAKER BID ALSO REJECTED

Havant & Waterlooville up offer to £4,000 - but the response is the same

Braintree Town have rejected an increased offer of four thousand pounds for star striker James Baker from fellow Blue Square South side Havant & Waterlooville. Manager George Borg received a telephone call from his Havant counterpart Ian Baird over the weekend upping the original three thousand pounds offer for James Baker. After consultation with the Board of Directors, it was agreed that the increased offer was still insufficient. James Baker was given permission to play in a pre-season friendly tournament for St. Albans at the weekend and, we understand, scored a penalty.

Originally Posted By: AFF
It's City.

I hope that it's Havant that Fatboy is trying to out-manoevre and not Gibbo.

Good luck to t'lad on the South Coast next season from me.

That's more like it - the best Chairman the Saints never had's personal abuse is back!

The last thing I would ever do is ourmanoevre John. No. Quite the opposite really.

Originally Posted By: Laz
I thought Borg was banned from football for six months?

Laz, tis true that wor'George's disciplinary record has one or two surface marks.

His disappointement at the flooded dressing room 'down south' combined with the referee's performance that day earned him a mere six month ban from 1 July, but (thankfully) the last four months are suspended. The last game of the ban will be our game on August Bank Holiday Monday.

A game I am very much looking forward to!

Originally Posted By: Laz
I was commenting on the quote in you post. I thought Borg was banned from football for a period of time. Is he allowed to negotiate deals etc?

Laz, my understanding is that it's just a touchline ban and the folk of our New Main Stand will be enjoying wor'George's company for the first three home matches.

I can't put me finger on it, but I can't help feeling that this time George has learned his lesson - time will tell.

Originally Posted By: Iron Webbo
The last game of the ban will be our game on August Bank Holiday Monday.

Originally Posted By: Iron Webbo
Laz, my understanding is that it's just a touchline ban and the folk of our New Main Stand will be enjoying wor'George's company for the first three home matches.

Perhaps we can arrange a gut barging compettion between George & John Farmer on our visit on August Bank Holiday Monday !

• 3 weeks later...

Baker latest:

Meanwhile, Borg has confirmed that there have been no fresh bids for want-away striker James Baker.

The youngster wants to leave the club but Iron turned down two bids from Havant & Waterlooville for the player last month and have received no other offers since then.

Another league rival, St Albans City, have shown an interest in taking Baker on loan.

But Braintree have firmly ruled out any prospect of a temporary deal being struck and the player might have to return to Cressing Road.

"James is for sale but he is not going out on loan - we have a player who is worth money," said Borg.