Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oi! Hatboy! Quiz question....

AFF

Come on mate! You'll be asking for the answer next!!

I'll give you a clue. It's in the UK.

[This might be one for Wilf Woodend, actually, if it's too much for you. He's pretty good at this trivia stuff.]

;o)

You haven't quite entered the spirit of this one, have you, Hatboy?

Anyway, I know that you really want to know the answer so I'll tell you. Slough Town were on their pre-season tour to whereever Holyport FC is - Devon? - and in their side last Saturday were former Saints Nick Roddis and Christian Metcalf and former Sinner, Dean 'Pussy-cat' Hooper.

The Mighty Rebels won, 2-0 or it might have been 2-1. I've forgotten in all the excitement.

Is Holyport in Wales? No wait a minute, I'm thinking of Holywell.

I really wouldn't know. I was guessing based on the 'z' in Summerleaze Park. It's either Eastern Europe or The West Country, I reckon, and I suspect that Slough are unlikely to go on a tour beyond the former Iron Curtain in view of the current difficulties between Dubya and Putin. That, and it's a bit far for a Non League club.

As a matter of fact, I do know that, Hatboy. It's AFC Wimbledon. They of the big FA Cup traditions and crowds to match.

I've often thought that The Cherry Red Records League would be a nice-sounding League to play in.

And it would be good to support Flexys Cefn Druids. Now that is a name! No longer with us, more's the pity. Bedlington Terriers anyone?