Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Homer Green Info

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I'm just curious to know who at the Club the Groundhopper is referring to that's all and what the 'Jobsworth' did to upset him, he sounded genuinely upset and annoyed.

I'm sure that Wader will get to the bottom of it when he gets back from his much deserved holiday!

Yes Willo. But "Royal Secret" league business! Suffice it to say that I'll be in the South West corner of the county.

Originally Posted By: Horace

I'm sure that Wader will get to the bottom of it when he gets back from his much deserved holiday!

So Wader wasn't at Biggleswade Town's embarrassing home defeat to Holmer Green then, I guess that rules him out as to who the so called jobsworth was.

• 2 weeks later...

In today's Non League paper it states that next Thursday's Kentish Town v Holmer Green fixture will be played at Watchet Lane, I'm curious to know why as presumably the hallowed turf at the Copthall Stadium is perfectly playable. Also why play the game at Holmer Green and not at Kingsbury London Tigers, it doesn't make any sense.

I thought you would have remembered rhodes, KTFC can not play games at Copthall Stadium on a Thursay due to athletics I am shocked that you have forgotton so quickly!!! so as you can see it does make sense.

Well how do you explain last Wednesday's game with Tring Athletic being played at Silver Jubilee Park when I'm sure Copthall was perfectly playable and switching the Hanwell Town home fixture the Wednesday before that, it just seems a bit fishy that's all. I also note that the home game with Oxhey Jets scheduled for Wednesday 1 April has already been switched to Oxhey, if the Club have been shown the door at the Stadium why not put your cards on the table and come out and say so.

Thanks for clarifying the position although you have to admit that it seems a bit strange the Club are still not playing home games at the Stadium now the pitch is finally playable again, I'm sure I am not the only one who raised my eyebrows. What about next season, has a deal been struck to enable the Club to continue playing at the Stadium bearing in mind Sport London e Benfica's unenviable situation at nearby Hanwell Town, if not is a groundshare at Silver Jubilee Park an option as Kentish Town seem quite 'well in' with Kingsbury London Tigers.

Nothing strange about it at all Rhodes, Kentish Town FC are doing everything they can to ensure that fixtures that have been missed due to the pitch are now being fulfilled.

As for next season that is Club business Rhodes.

Thanks for clarifying that however if the Club, for one reason or another, have been forced to leave the Stadium it's nothing to be ashamed of as these things happen in football. Two seasons ago when I was Secretary and the Club groundshared at Hendon we were unceremoniously shown the door in December leaving us high and dry for the rest of the campaign, we managed to muddle through by playing home games away which wasn't ideal but Club's were generally happy to help out as you are are finding now with the likes of Holmer Green and Oxhey Jets.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
Nellie why are the games not been played at Copthall? I walked on the pitch both on Friday afternoon and again this morning and the pitch is perfectly playable!

So why are no home games been played at Copthall? Is rhodes correct?

Bosman I am sure the pitch was okay this morning and that is why a youth game will be played there tomorrow evening. Is rhodes correct about what Bosman?

Originally Posted By: buck rogers
then if the pitch is not that bad. who calls the games off? surely as any other club they have to get a ref to do a pitch inspection.

Yes buck rogers a ref is called in and then they call the matches off.

Originally Posted By: buck rogers
last wednesday there was an u18s game scheduled at the copthall, but no surprise, the game was called off pitch unfit

Buck Rogers - It will be interesting to see whether Kentish Town's Under 18's game will go ahead tomorrow evening at the stadium.